AIR COVER DOESN’T PAY

Answered!
Gina1986
Level 2
Harlingen, TX

AIR COVER DOESN’T PAY

Air Cover is ALL Talk & No action! 3 different Guest damaged & trashed my home & all I get from ABNB is “THE RUN A ROUND”!

1 Best Answer
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Sorry to hear this.  @Gina1986  can you outline what the issue is with each set of guests if you would like help from this community.

It is unusual to have three separate sets of guests trash a listing. Would it be worth reviewing how you are vetting your guests and what systems you have in place such as CCTV to help protect your property.

Many hosts don't rely on the Airbnb guarantee but have their own home insurance for short term lets.

View Best Answer in original post

9 Replies 9
Ruth1223
Level 2
Laguna Vista, TX

I completely agree with you. Customer service isn't great. 

There is no one but us so take care of your own listing.

Iam not not upset with airbnb we are all profiting from there work. They have built an incredible platform for us.

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Sorry to hear this.  @Gina1986  can you outline what the issue is with each set of guests if you would like help from this community.

It is unusual to have three separate sets of guests trash a listing. Would it be worth reviewing how you are vetting your guests and what systems you have in place such as CCTV to help protect your property.

Many hosts don't rely on the Airbnb guarantee but have their own home insurance for short term lets.

Yes I have Loyds of London because I can not trust Air bnb to cover my listing. Not depending on anyone to protect me. I have have been  around for a long time. Iam 72 years old and been very happy with all of my business arrangements.

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Gina1986, I'm sorry to hear about this. Have you heard back from the team that you have been in communication with at all? 

Let me know. 

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

Mar125
Level 10
California, United States

Can go to small claims court and be prepared to get “silent” retaliation from Airbnb if you indeed plan to sue. 

I am having same issue with support. Guest smoked marijuana, which is definitely against my policy. Sent video and invoice from cleaner. It’s been 3 days, no response. 

Anne1057
Level 5
St. John's, Canada

Hi Gina,

I am having the same experience. After a family of boys trashed my house, I was unable to get a contractor within the time frame for submitting a claim, so I had no estimate for the repair that I could submit.

I contacted Airbnb and was told over the phone that I could submit the claim once I had the paperwork. I was told I had nothing to worry about.

Now they are giving me the runaround. I have heard from SEVEN different representatives, opening the conversation as if I have not explained the issue in writing. I explain and then it's back to square one. I have wondered if these are actually AI bots.

Anyway, they are no help at all, are wasting my time and, I think, being deliberately infuriating so I'll give up asking for the support that they promised.