AIRBNB AND MAJOR PROPERTY MANAGMENT HOSTS DOUBLE DIPPING

Dale1098
Level 2
Fayetteville, AR

AIRBNB AND MAJOR PROPERTY MANAGMENT HOSTS DOUBLE DIPPING

Airbnb is allowing from what we have noticed Double Dipping. It is mainly only big time property management Companies hosting on Airbnb Platforms. What is happening is Guests/travelers cancel a reservation and they are not AT ALL entitled to a refund! EVEN WHEN THE HOSTS REBOOKS THE PROPERTY! Which means AIRBNB And the Major property Management companies are DOUBLE DIPPING! Which is so unethical it is literally Insane! I understand if guests/travelers canceled a reservation and the property did not rebook! Sure keep the money! But what is happening to guest/travels who cancel and the property gets rebooked is literally INSANE! THEY ARE DOUBLE DIPPING AND COLLECTING MONEY FROM THE CANCELLED RESVERATION AND FROM THE NEW BOOKING AT THE SAME PROPERTY SO THEY ARE MAKING DOUBLE IF NOT TRIPLE OFF THE SAME DATES AND THE SAME PROPERTY! THIS IS SO UNETHICAL AND WILL BE A MAJOR LAWSUIT IN THE COMING FUTURE THAT AIRBNB WILL HAVE TO DEAL WITH BECAUSE THEY ARE ALLOWING DOUBLE DIPPING BECAUSE AIRBNB PROFITS OFF OF IT AS WELL! IT IS SO SAD THAT AIRBNB HAS BECOME SUCH AN UNSAFE PLATFORM FOR GUESTS AND TRAVELERS!  

49 Replies 49

@Dale1098 Given that 95% of statistics are made up on the spot can I ask where the 85% figure comes from?

PLEASE DO YOUR OWN RESEARCH. SINCE CLEARLY YOU KNOW HOW TO USE GOOGLE SO WELL. AIRBNB IS INVOLVED IN MANY LAWSUITS RIGHT NOW AS WELL AS A LAWSUIT THEY JUST SETTLED IN CANADA FOR DOUBLE DIPPING. YOU MUST BE PART OF THE PROBLEM IF YOU DO NOT SEE THE ISSUE WITH WHAT I AM TRYING TO EXPLAIN TO THE AIRBNB COMMUNITY. IF YOU CARED YOU WOULD BE HELPING FIX THIS INCOME STREAM OFF OF CANCELLED RESERVATIONS BUT IT SEEMS YOU MUST HAVE PROFITTED OFF OF IT IN THE PAST WHICH IS WHY YOU ARE SO DEFENSIVE! 

Pat271
Level 10
Greenville, SC

@Dale1098 

Here’s something else for your yelling pleasure. 🙂

The cancellation fee is exactly what it says - it’s a “fee”. The fact that the fee amount ends up corresponding to a certain percentage of the booking is incidental and is just done that way to make it easier for guests to calculate and understand the cost to them should they cancel.  

In MOST EVERY (there, I screamed too) business, there is no type of fee that is a “refundable fee”. A fee is a fee.

The fee under discussion here is a “Cancellation Fee”, not a “Refundable cancellation deposit under certain conditions”.

Ever heard of a retail store that claimed “We have a Restocking Fee, but if we resell the item you returned, we will refund the fee”? How about a non-refundable Priceline fare that claimed “If we resell the trip you just cancelled, we will refund your non-refundable booking?” That would be ludicrous, no? The Airbnb cancellation fee is no different.

You may have your opinions about this fee, but there is something you can do to avoid paying it:

1) Read your Airbnb listing carefully. This fee and the conditions under which it is collected is spelled out very clearly in the listing, and under no conditions does the explanation obligate the host to refund the fee. Airbnb has done a great job explaining this during the booking process.

2) Get trip insurance. The best type is the “Cancel for Any Reason” insurance. Your credit card as well may offer some sort of trip insurance. I got refunded in full once for a BnB that was unable to be open for business due to a hurricane. The owner kept the revenue, and the credit card refunded me as well. 

3) Book elsewhere if this fee and the strictness of it makes you uncomfortable.

And, seriously, Dale, the “squeaky wheel gets the grease” in some situations in life, but it will not  result in a positive outcome for you here.

THIS IS PERFECT! SO YOUR ACCUSING ME OF YELLING AS WELL. HEAR SAY YET AGAIN. I LOVE IT. THIS IS PERFECT AND EXPOSING ALL THE CORRUPT HOSTS. I DID NOT THINK IT WAS GOING TO BE THIS EASY BUT THANK YOU FOR MAKING IT SO EASY FOR ME TO FIND THE CORRUPT HOSTS PROTECTING THE DOUBLE DIPPING SCHEME AND THE CANCELLED RESERVATION INCOME STREAM THAT AIRBNB IS ALLOWING AND THE CORRUPT HOSTS THAT TAKE ADVANTAGE OF IT! 

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hi all, 

Sorry but I’m forced to close this thread as it’s become negative and disrespectful towards some members of this community. 

For more information please see the Community Center Guidelines

Thank you all for participating.

Paula

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad