AIRBNB shouldnt valid the reviews after a case is open

AIRBNB shouldnt valid the reviews after a case is open

I host over 100 properties on Airbnb, which on the last years guest are just harder to satisfy even that I am a superhost at the moment, on the last year i have found that more and more guest come in just checking that everything is perfect and if they find something its not like in their home or hometown they start asking for any refund.

The main thing here is that I often get alot of sheets stained or ruined - towels and sometimes broken things at the house, one time a guest said: " You shouldnt buy quality and brand stuff as they can always be ruined and it has to be on your nightly rate" 
more comments such as " ruined 3 set of sheets? that´s why you have cleaning fee, pay them with that fee"

Of course I have open cases with airbnb on these and many other cases what i have found out its that, once a guest know you open a case to charge anything they take revenge on you by giving you the worst review or rating your property with 1 star, which I believe its perfect that we have insurance by airbnb and guest can pay for ir but just by opening a case and charge what they should have respected on the first time it also affects on our reviews.

2 Replies 2
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Rodrigo1098 I am afraid I have to agree with some of your guests that sheets are consumables and just need to be amortised over your nightly rate.

We find we have replace maybe 2 sheets in a week and then go a few months without replacing any.

Aircover really ought to have a deductible to stop people claiming for small items.

"Aircover really ought to have a deductible to stop people claiming for small items."

Now there is a great idea @Mike-And-Jane0 ; it could eliminate claims over minutiae and yet maintain the system in spirit.