AIRBNB unfair treatment of Hosts which encourages SCAMER GUESTS requesting Refunds and adverse Reviews

Gregory11
Level 3
Ibiza, Spain

AIRBNB unfair treatment of Hosts which encourages SCAMER GUESTS requesting Refunds and adverse Reviews

AIRBNB unfair treatment of Hosts which encourages SCAMER GUESTS.

Huge grow in guests scaming Refunds and using the Reveiw process againt Hosts !!!!

My proposal to Hosts needs to be supported by Airbnb.

I have now added this to my properties House Rules.

"WARNING
NO REFUNDS TO ANY GUESTS will be negotiated by Airbnb either during or after your stay for any personal reasons , personal opinions , faults due maintenance issues, advise weather or your misunderstandings of the details of the listing. All guests during their stay MUST request assistant through Airbnb which will be answered within 24 hours by me the host. Due to fact I am unable to assist you after your stay.
WARNING
ANY Guests NEGITIVE REVIEW deemed by the Host as false will be invalid under a breach of the Guests previously agreeded House Rules AND the Review will be viewed by the Host as legally defamitory to the Villas listing repretation and good name of the Host and there for deemed invalid and removed by Airbnb"

4 Replies 4
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Gregory11 It is bad enough with Airbnb acting as judge and jury but for hosts to do the same is ridiculous. Also you can say what you like (and lose bookings presumably) but Airbnb will not enforcerzles that go against their Ts&Cs.

BS if I presumably lose bookings that from the scamer type guests then  good .. Its works !!

Secondly if its bad enough for Airbnb to be judge and jury which most host believe is an over reach of their role WHY is it so wrong for the actual property owner to object to guest scamers who use the Review process to threaten and harass hosts with deframitory untrue Reviews ?

When do Airbnb ever do Surveys of Hosts to ask what current major issues even are ?

As in don't ask - don't know - don't care !!!! 

And WHY is there no Review process of Airbnb by Hosts  ????

BIG problems are growing fast in 2023 !!!!!

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

You're completely missing the point @Gregory11 

By including house rules that go against Airbnb T&C stating no refunds will be considered for any reason during or post stay you will put off genuine guests like me from booking with you as you will come across as a dishonest host.  

and you can't seem a review as invalid only Airbnb can do this .

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

I wouldn't book with you if I read that @Gregory11