Advice for new hosts please - we've had a booking from someone with no profile photo

Advice for new hosts please - we've had a booking from someone with no profile photo

We are new hosts and just had someone book for the 24th and they had no photo. This is even more concerning  because we are hosting private rooms in our house. 

Up to this point all of our previous guests have been verified and we have not had any problems.  I want to keep it that way. 

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what I should do?

4 Replies 4
Jenny
Community Manager
Community Manager
Galashiels, United Kingdom

Hi @Robert-And-Ronda0 

Welcome to the Community Center!

I noticed that you'd posted your enquiry to an older discussion thread, so I've started a new one for you, so that we can get you some help.

I've also updated the post title just so that our CC members know what kind of help you're looking for.

Jenny

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

Cj61
Level 10
Darwin, Australia

Hey Jenny,

what I have done in the past is inform the guest that it is one of your requirements (for insurance, etc.) to have a form of ID either via a photo on Airbnbs platform or you will need to take a photocopy of their ID when they arrive. I tell them that "They are free to redact any personal information (eg. passport number, etc.) and you will provide a black texta (marker) for them so that they may do that".

All guests have either uploaded a photo to Airbnb or offered their ID on arrival.

I hope all goes well for you.

Kind Regards,

Carolyn.

Cj61
Level 10
Darwin, Australia

Sorry, I mean @Robert-And-Ronda0.

Joelle43
Level 10
Cannes, France

Hello @Robert-And-Ronda0 

Have you ticked the box on your listing that says that you require guests to provide a valid photo of themselves to be able to book with you? 

If your guest refuses to upload a recognisable photo of themselves, you can ask Airbnb to cancel free of any penalties.  Here is a link that explains this:

https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/2377

All the best

Joëlle