Advice needed? Just venting

Answered!
Paul9635
Level 2
Louisville, KY

Advice needed? Just venting

I am new to hosting and have been doing this for 2 months now. I will say it has been very successful for me with a few hiccups here and there. I recently had a guest from hell who was set on finding everything wrong with my place. My house has a pool and hot tub and a very private backyard,  I understand that most people are probably booking it for that reason. But this guest went through the whole house (under beds, deep in cabinets) to find things to complain about. Long story short, I addressed her concerns, we even came to a conclusion on refunds/compensation for inconveniences. Things took a nasty turn when I noticed 2 of my remote controls were missing (they controlled my cinema, another selling point of the house) I reached out to her and asked where it was. She pretty much dismissed my question and began to complain about how awful her stay was.. I ended up finding the remotes inside the machinery of the theatre recliners, they were damaged. I didn't even bother telling her they were damaged as I was already exhausted from dealing with her and didn't want to risk a bad review. But well, she still gave me a bad review and it was pretty much filled with exaggerations about the place. Can I ask airbnb to take her review down? I responded to it already, but I can't believe a guest will do this just because they had a disagreement with the host.

1 Best Answer
Helen744
Level 10
Victoria, Australia

@Paul9635 Its worth looking up the Airbnb policy on reviews to check how to remove them if they are untrue and damaging or revenge. So have a go and Good Luck... H

View Best Answer in original post

2 Replies 2
Helen744
Level 10
Victoria, Australia

@Paul9635 Its worth looking up the Airbnb policy on reviews to check how to remove them if they are untrue and damaging or revenge. So have a go and Good Luck... H

Suzanne984
Level 2
England, United Kingdom

I hate these kinds of petty guests, and you better believe it. It was only yesterday I had to have a ridiculous review removed full of lies, just maliciousness, because I confronted him about all his unrealistic requests for the price he paid, £25 for one night for both of them.

And your house looks incredible, if I ever visited that part of America I would book.