Air Cover

Air Cover

Does anybody have a positive experience with Airbnb regarding host damage?
My friends apartment was destroyed. Obviously Airbnb did not vet vet the guest properly. It was 12 days ago. He’s already changed his name and he still on the site.
We need to know what we’re going to do ?

So far what I’m reading is disgusting and terrifying.

I am hoping that one person can give me a positive experience ?

lawer says go public and go to court ?

im hoping for some encouraging advice ?

6 Replies 6

I've had two positive Aircover experiences. First, the guest refused to pay for the damage (the kitchen was demolished), so I submitted a refund request and was reimbursed by Airbnb. The guest paid the whole amount the second time. You should report the profile. 

I hope that everything will be resolved quickly.

Thank you !

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Hello @Adam1781 

A horrible thing to happen to your friend @Adam1781 

I am not sure of your involvement in your friend's STR business but as Airbnb says on it's website - it's guarantee is no substitute  for STR business owners having their own home insurance for STRs - so hopefully your friend is also making a claim on their insurance. 

Do you know why when your friend saw on CCTV his guest and accomplice bringing stolen items out of the property why he didn't stop the booking there and then and evict this guest, rather than letting him continue to stay and steal?

As your friend has employed a lawyer to advise him on this matter it's best he follows their advice - but obviously if he is not going to sign the guarantee release form then his claim under the guarantee won't be processed will it?

As you are not the host Airbnb are not going to be open to talking to you about it regardless or not of whether you go to their building in person. As your friend has employed a lawyer is it not better to let them as the legal professional deal with it?:

The cameras were the buildings and reviewed after the crime.

We did some checking.

it will all work out eventually. 
Airbnb’s actions assured it. Painful and frustrating but all good.

thx

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Adam1781 ,

Did your friend manage to get in touch with Airbnb Customer Support regarding this situation and reported the guest? 

They can also refer to the following resource in order to know more about Host damage protection : https://www.airbnb.co.uk/help/article/279.

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

@Bhumika Artificial intelligent text replies. robot text replies. Seven different peoples names given as taking responsibility with the claim.
Never a proper return phone call. Police report was given, list of stolen items were given. List of damage was given, videotape of the guest, also known as perpetrator and his minion coming in and out of the apartment, stealing the items, he changed his name from John Williams to Jonah William, and he’s  still on Airbnb .

Her lawyer told her do not sign the form that they want, without knowing what and when they’re going to pay. This is a grand larceny felony case in New York and she has yet to speak to one human being from airbnb regarding what happened 14 days ago. !

She can’t go public until the police finish their investigation and make arrests, but I am going to walk into the Airbnb corporate headquarters in New York with the dossier of incompetence. On a level I’ve never witnessed in my entire adult life. If it wasn’t so sad, it would be an excellent skit for Saturday night live. 
they Peed in her plants left things in the apartment. I can’t even mention and smoked crack for three days.