Airbnb canceled a reservation stating it was suspicious and illegitimate??

Answered!
Michele661
Level 1
Manchester-by-the-Sea, MA

Airbnb canceled a reservation stating it was suspicious and illegitimate??

Has anyone had Airbnb just cancel a reservation that they stated was suspicious or illegitimate? I have not only called them but had a live chat, and literally, they will not tell me why they deemed it suspicious or illegitimate. The guest had 5 reviews, an account for 5 years and could message and book here on Airbnb, yet it was canceled without any further explanation. I've gotten no where with them.

1 Best Answer

Hi @Michele661 yes, Airbnb do this if the guest's account was flagged for any violation of Airbnb's T&Cs. However, they will not tell the host what exactly was violated for privacy purposes.

Here is an additional info about Airbnb's new measures, Airbnb has implemented AI-powered technology to clamp down on unauthorized and disruptive parties, particularly around New Year’s Eve. This technology is designed to identify potentially high-risk bookings for entire home listings over the holiday weekend, blocking those reservations. Factors considered include the trip's duration, the distance of the listing from the guest's location, the type of listing, and if the booking is made last minute. You can check that by searching, Airbnb using AI to help clamp down on New Year’s Eve parties globally. Hope this helps! 

View Best Answer in original post

4 Replies 4

Hi @Michele661 yes, Airbnb do this if the guest's account was flagged for any violation of Airbnb's T&Cs. However, they will not tell the host what exactly was violated for privacy purposes.

Here is an additional info about Airbnb's new measures, Airbnb has implemented AI-powered technology to clamp down on unauthorized and disruptive parties, particularly around New Year’s Eve. This technology is designed to identify potentially high-risk bookings for entire home listings over the holiday weekend, blocking those reservations. Factors considered include the trip's duration, the distance of the listing from the guest's location, the type of listing, and if the booking is made last minute. You can check that by searching, Airbnb using AI to help clamp down on New Year’s Eve parties globally. Hope this helps! 

Rebecca
Community Manager
Community Manager
Suffolk Coastal District, United Kingdom

Hey @Michele661,

Great advice from @Alicia753 here - if it helped, it would be great to mark it down as the 'Best Answer' to say a huge thank you 😊.

Was the guest able to book in the end? 

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Is this a new initiative that you are asking those posting to mark a particular response as 'best answer' @Rebecca . I have seen this done before by admins?

Rebecca
Community Manager
Community Manager
Suffolk Coastal District, United Kingdom

Hey @Helen3, Happy New Year! 🎊

It's not new and something we always encourage all members to do. As I say, it's a huge thank you for the support that members give each other. 😊 I think it also means a lot more coming from the original poster rather than myself or other Community Managers too. Noted I've asked quite a few times recently though 😅

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines