Airbnb cancelled long stay on my behalf without valid reasons

Phuong124
Level 2
Hanoi, Vietnam

Airbnb cancelled long stay on my behalf without valid reasons

Our family has 2 superhost accounts from 2016 with a total of over 40 listings and what happened to us today was absurb!

We felt very much disrespected, taken advantage of after all the services we performed to thousands of guests with valid proofs of hundreds 5 stars reviews (the listing last 5 stars review was only 10 days ago and that guest is still staying with us but moved to 1 of our other listings as he wanted to extend but George already booked so he had to move). I have always had the nicest things to say about Airbnb support team but today they ignore us, our benefit and truly let us down.

George S was supposed to check in yesterday and stay for 28 days but he checked in early this morning instead. My first mistake was to forget to send him our lockbox code (I was on business trip so internet connection was bad) as he arrived ealier than our staff, but he called me as soon as he landed so I apologized and gave him the code right away.

He checked in,  didn't say anything to me but sent Airbnb claim and AIRBNB CANCELLED ON OUR BEHALF, BLOCKED OUR DATES AND GAVE FULL REFUND. Airbnb policy on long stay is strict, so no refund. This is the first time they had done that without contacting us first and get our consent.

All of George's proofs were nonsense and none has a mold but rather very small, unharmful stain. There was no dust in the room too. But honestly if George just told me I would send cleaners again which happened before when our guests asked.

Can you imagine they threw away our listing's entire month income? I would be happy to refund if George didn't like our place but he'll at least have to pay for yesterday and today. And AIRBNB TALKED TO ME But BLOCKING OUR ENTIRE MONTH, hurting our business, and more importantly, losing all of our trust. Now we're really scared that Airbnb would do it again to us and just ruin all of our efforts.

How can a platform treat hosts this way and get away with it?

2 Replies 2

UPDATE: And on top of that we HAVE TO COMPENSATE $500 which is half the rent for something we didn't do! Ridiculous!

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Phuong124 ! I am sorry to hear about the experience you had to go through. Since you posted a while ago, did you get in touch with the Airbnb Customer Support team again or hear back from them? 

I hope this has been resolved for you since the time you posted!

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines