Airbnb does not remove Retaliatory review

Xiu30
Level 2
Toronto, Canada

Airbnb does not remove Retaliatory review

Hello,

This guest left a revenge review and airbnb doesn't want to remove it.

After the guest check in. The guest say he will stay 6 month and ask for discount. Original rate is $68/night. so I offer $52/night if they stay 6 month. They ask if they can do payment outside airbnb to avoid airbnb fee. I declined. They accept the $52/night rate for 6 month stay.

After staying one month, they told me they are not happy the timing and the amount of money airbnb take from their account. They ask again if they can pay cash month to month. I declined again. 

Later they say they will cancel the stay because of the timing airbnb take money from their account. They want to pay on the 11th of the month, the day they check in. 

I inform him since their stay is less than 2 month, the rate will be higher, but I still offer them a  lower rate of $58. They are displeased, they want to pay $52/night.  And complain about noise and no hot water. I went to unit and there was no noise problem, and the hot water was working properly. While I went to the unit they complain about the rate and ask again if they can do cash payment. I inform them i don't accept cash payment as it is against airbnb rule.

After they check out. They left a bad review. They say the unit is not clean (it was clean before they check in, actually they left a big mess even though my rule was to keep the place clean), ceiling is low (i had previous male guests and they did not complain about the height, there are a lot of space above a regular full size 30" refrigerator), hard to get inside (there was no issue during check in), unexpected fee (I did not collect "extra" fee, they just did not want to pay airbnb service fee), the unit is cold (he did not wear a coat/jacket when i enter the unit to check the hot water, I had guest staying December and they did not say the place is cold).

I inform airbnb support and provided all the proof, but they did not remove the retaliatory review. 

I did as best I could to please guest,I let them check in early (check in 9am), lower rate ($65 to $52), change date as per their need.

The only thing I did not make them happy is not accepting cash payment, and they can put bad review and lie. It is unfair that I can't do anything about it.

3 Replies 3
Xiu30
Level 2
Toronto, Canada

I guess changing the rate to $58 (because they stay less than 2 month, when they say they will stay 6 month) also is another reason they hate me.

But it is still lower than the $65 rate they originally book for 1 month.

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hey @Xiu30 ,

I came across your post and have passed over your concerns to the related teams for further consideration.

Although they seem to have provided you with information regarding this, I am reaching out to them if they have further updates to share.

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

I had shown screen shots of proofs of guest asking for cash deals to multiple "supports" they still did not remove the review.

Very disappointed.