Airbnb's lack of support when guests don't examine the listing details

John-and-Audry0
Level 3
Nevada City, CA

Airbnb's lack of support when guests don't examine the listing details

I've been a host for five years and have almost 500 guest reviews, but have had a couple that have made me want to reconsider my relationship with Airbnb. 

These are incidences where a guest clearly did not read the listing details, house rules, or look at all of the photos provided... then gave me a poor review as they were surprised by something when they arrived.  I've even been marked down for "accuracy", and Airbnb has sent me nasty-grams about my listing details!  

What disappoints me most is that Airbnb doesn't support hosts when this happens.  They will not remove bad reviews in this situation, in spite of the fact that there is nothing the host could have done to meet the guest's mistaken expectations.  I'm just dumbfounded by this.  

1 Reply 1
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@John-and-Audry0 Interestingly there are two (at least) 3 star reviews referring to noise from above. Whilst irritating I am sure the reviews are an accurate (if unfair) statement of what the guest experienced. More annoying for me would be your four star reviews which appear glowing and yet they only gave four stars.

I guess the lesson in all of this is to try to ignore the occasional less than 5 star review knowing that you are doing a great job.