Airbnb support reached out trying to help a guest book my home.

Answered!
Danny627
Level 5
San Jose, CA

Airbnb support reached out trying to help a guest book my home.

I just received a message from Airbnb support asking if I can host a guest that was cancelled last minute. The dates are available so I wasn't sure why the guest couldn't just make the reservation. 

Just curious if this is legit and I find it kind of strange. 

1 Best Answer

Thanks Mike-And-Jane confirming that it is legit. The guest booked a house with a pool arriving 2 weeks out and the other host cancelled on them. Having a pool is a niche thing in our area so finding an Airbnb with one is not easy. They did ended up making the reservation with us. Support just wanted to hear it from me that we can and will host. 

View Best Answer in original post

3 Replies 3
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Danny627 It will likely be legit. There are two possibilities. Either the guests has been let down by a host and Airbnb is trying to re-house them OR the guest has been kicked out of a property for misbehaviour.I personally don't think it should be the latter but people have reported on here that guests removed from other properties have been passed on to other hosts.

Do you have request to book switched on for last minute reservations? If not then I guess Airbnb was just checking all was OK as they wouldn't want to et the guest down twice.

Thanks Mike-And-Jane confirming that it is legit. The guest booked a house with a pool arriving 2 weeks out and the other host cancelled on them. Having a pool is a niche thing in our area so finding an Airbnb with one is not easy. They did ended up making the reservation with us. Support just wanted to hear it from me that we can and will host. 

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Danny627 ,

Thank you for letting us know what happened with the guest.

How is everything with this booking? Are the guests enjoying their stay at your listing?

We would love to hear more of it!

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines