Arrived at rental and it was filled with cigarette smoke

Marci1193
Level 1
Morrisville, PA

Arrived at rental and it was filled with cigarette smoke

We rented Airbnb suite listed as no smoking in house rules but upon arriving to go to sleep  on night 1 of 3 night stay, entire house smelled of smoke and entire suite was taking on cigarette smoke from host smoking in bedroom below our suite. We contacted Airbnb as well S host. Host did not reply. We had to vacate premises immediately because smoke was so heavy. We could not breathe. Because she is a superhost Airbnb is allowing her to refuse refund. 

3 Replies 3
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Marci1193 I suggest you go back to Airbnb and ask them to reconsider a full refund. A non smoking listing should not stink smoke and I think you did the right thing to leave straightaway. Failure to reconsider could leave you with no option but to launch a small claims court case against Airbnb - Easily done online and you will most likely win.

Linda-Vip0
Level 2
Whitmore Lake, MI

That is wrong 

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hi @Marci1193I'm sorry to hear about this. Did you eventually reach out to Airbnb again? I'm sharing an article 🔗here about what to do if you encounter a problem or issue during your stay, which might be useful for this situation.

Keep us posted. 

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad