Ask IB guests when they book, what brings them here.

Answered!
Elly0
Level 4
Eugene, OR

Ask IB guests when they book, what brings them here.

I newly want to ask my IB guests, to write a line about what brings them here. Since it is IB, this would be in the same step as when they book. It seems this has changed (7yr old Airbnb), is there no way to do this?

1 Best Answer
Joelle43
Level 10
Cannes, France

Hello @Elly0 

You can tick extra requirements for guests who Instant Book for your listing and you can write a pre-booking message to guests as explained in the link below:

https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/484?locale=en

Hope this helps!

Joëlle

View Best Answer in original post

7 Replies 7
Helen744
Level 10
Victoria, Australia

@Elly0  Elly as soon as the booking is verified you can message your guest and politely and cheerfully say hello and send through any requirements that you have. If these are also written in your listing then you can alert the guest that not providing ID or agreeing to all house rules may risk cancellation . Cancellation although a blunt tool can always be used but within three per year.If you have a simple list of houserules then send them through , if you have asked for full face Id and government ID but for some reason its not particularly clear , then you can request a selfie, which is do able after IB.You have to work quickly and not just wait around, be within the hour of booking. Sometimes bookings are late at night or early in the morning , so these need often to be answered as they come in . Request that your booked guest answer all messaging or risk cancellation . this must be one of your house rules . This method usually will produce the results you need ... Once you have established contact then ask for 'the reason for travel ' maybe better to stay ' what brings you to our  town ' or something more chatty... sometimes the reasons are simply private... H

@Helen744 Thanks for responding. I was hoping for not adding to the large Welcome message, and what would be the only part in it that's asking for a response. I think this is a feature request that I might send to Airbnb. I'm surprised I don't find more on this, besides a closed discussion from 2019.

Helen744
Level 10
Victoria, Australia

@Elly0 In your original automatic messages , if you use them I believe this is possible but since you use instant book then it is important that you have, check in and checkout times clearly marked and a cut off booking time , so as you can have time to do due diligence with IB guests.communicate more not less is always my suggestion . ... H

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

As explained by @Joelle43  above you can add your vetting questions as part of the IB process so you make them a condition of booking .

Joelle43
Level 10
Cannes, France

Hello @Elly0 

You can tick extra requirements for guests who Instant Book for your listing and you can write a pre-booking message to guests as explained in the link below:

https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/484?locale=en

Hope this helps!

Joëlle

Emilia42
Level 10
Orono, ME

@Elly0 

Add a pre-booking message. You can find the textbox in your instant book settings:

Screen Shot 2023-09-02 at 12.09.12 PM.png

Elly0
Level 4
Eugene, OR

Thank you all for responding 🙂 I can't believe I could not find this (not an option when I originally setup 7 yrs ago)!