Auto messages sent by Airbnb ... NOT ME THE HOST.

Kristi5
Level 9
Washington, United States

Auto messages sent by Airbnb ... NOT ME THE HOST.

Give Hosts the option of having their own personal automated message for their own personal Hosting experience.

You’re supposed to be about Individuality, eh? Then WHY one blanket auto message for each Host?

My guests get so confused and worried they’re missing something.

Give Hosts the option of having their own personal automated message for their own personal Hosting experience.

That would be the most helpful supportive thing you could do for Hosts.

I now have to send out ANOTHER message to my guests, to instruct them to IGNORE any automated messages from Airbnb. Because I have already told my guests exactly the what/when/how/why of their check in with me, their Host.

So NOW you're creating extra headaches for me to make sure my guests understand I am going to be letting them know exactly what to expect for their check in.

I don' t use keys; guests get their own security code on the day they check in. The Airbnb auto message tells them to make sure the Host gets them a key.

I send a message the day they reserve the apartment AND the day they check in with all the instructions because I don't want guests coming in a day early or even a minute early into the apartment before the prior guests have left and zero cleaning has been done (yes, it has happened before which is why I started doing what I do now). The Airbnb auto message sends them a message A DAY BEFORE telling them to check with their Host for check in information.

So now -- because of the automatic message from Airbnb that is NOT customized to MY PERSONAL HOSTING EXPERIENCE -- my guests are completely confused and responding back to the auto message (WHICH by the way I had NO idea was being sent out) wondering why they haven't gotten any information or keys ...

You see the problem?

GIVE HOSTS THE OPTION OF HAVING THEIR OWN PERSONAL AUTOMATED MESSAGE FOR THEIR OWN PERSONAL HOSTING EXPERIENCE.

4 Replies 4
Emilia42
Level 10
Orono, ME

@Kristi5 I don't have this problem since I send my personalized instructions 4-6 days before arrival. Perhaps the majority of your guests want the information ahead of their travel day to give them time to absorb it and plan. I know I would. 

Kristi5
Level 9
Washington, United States

I tried that ......... Airbnb STILL sent out a message AND the guest was even more confused.

I'm asking airbnb to STOP sending messages to my guests when I'm on top of when/where/how/what of the check in process.

Especially when it comes to first-timers or (as in my last guests) more elderly people who haven't used airbnb as much as some of my other guests (AND NO I'M NOT CRITIZING OLDER PEOPLE) 

This messaging is creating more confusion for my guests than in the past. I've now had at least five guests in the past month call or email or text me with concerns due to the messages sent by airbnb -- without me knowing they're getting those messages and I can't head it off at the pass.

K

Lisa723
Level 10
Quilcene, WA
Janna93
Level 2
Eugene, OR

I have been flooded with text messages and phone calls from guests the past few weeks because of this automated message they send. Airbnb is always telling us that it is best practice to keep all communication inside the platform WHY are they telling guests to call me instead? And yes, I use the scheduled messaging system to send my guests all the info the morning of their arrival and not all of the houses have keys. This message is confusing to guests and is wasting so much of my time responding to people to tell them to contact me through the app instead. AIRBNB, PLEASE STOP SENDING THIS MESSAGE TO GUESTS! This message also puts responsibility on the guest to reach out and make sure they get the info they need. It's not their responsibility, it's the host's responsibility to stay on top of things and provide this info at the time they feel is best. Everything about this message is stupid.