Best Practices for Hosting Guests with Special Dietary Requirements

Paul10204
Level 1
Chicago, IL

Best Practices for Hosting Guests with Special Dietary Requirements

Hello Airbnb Hosts!

I hope you're all doing well. I wanted to start a discussion on a topic that many of us encounter but might not always have a clear solution for – hosting guests with special dietary requirements. We want all our guests to have a fantastic experience, and that includes accommodating their dietary needs.

Do you have any strategies or best practices for providing meals that cater to guests with allergies, intolerances, or specific dietary preferences? How do you handle requests for gluten-free, vegan, or other special diets?

4 Replies 4
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Paul10204 Are hosts even allowed to provide food in many countries? I would have thought that the health, safety and liability laws would prelude them doing so.

HI@Mike-And-Jane0  

I don't know if you ever come across Bed and Breakfast (B&B) listings on Airbnb it's an accommodations offered by hosts who provide both a place to stay and breakfast as part of the package. These listings are typically found in a private home, and guests can rent a room or sometimes an entire guest suite within the host's residence. B&B hosts often create a more personalized and intimate experience for their guests, making it a popular choice for travelers looking for a cozy and home-like atmosphere

@Paul10204 indeed and I suspect many of them are illegal

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Hi @Paul10204 

You say 'we all want our guests to have a fantastic experience' but your profile shows you are a guest not a host.

Most hosts don't provide food .

those that do mostly know how to cater to various diets .