Blocking dates

Larry418
Level 2
Katy, TX

Blocking dates

We do not have same day check out/check in. The issue we have is that when you 'block' a date off, airbnb still will allow someone to book that same date. I've called support MANY times and they say that there is nothing they can do. Seriously?

Why when a date is blocked, can someone still book or attempt to book?

We end having to block the day before and after which then hurts other booking attempts.

5 Replies 5
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Larry418 I am confused. If you want to avoid same day turnovers you need to block the night before and after a guests stay. So I am not seeing the problem.

The calendar shouldn't allow people to book on a day that is blocked off. Since airbnb doesn't recognize a blocked off day as a fully blocked off day, I have to block off 2 additional days.

I would like airbnb to recognize a blocked off day as a blocked off day.

@Larry418 either your listing works differently to ours or you are confusing days with nights. We never have any problems blocking nights that we rent privately.

No it works the same I expect.

So look at it this way, if I block a Sat night, the airbnb will allow someone else to book Fri night thus I then have 2 guests on Sat. Guest #1 is staying Fri night and then departing Sat night and guest #2 arrives Sat morning.

This means that I have to block Fri night as well which prevents someone from booking and departing Fri.

I do greatly appreciate y'all trying to assist!