Booking not meeting minimum stay settings

Answered!
Rachel969
Level 1
Chichester, United Kingdom

Booking not meeting minimum stay settings

Hi,

I'm hoping to get some advice on handling a booking. I've had a booking from a guest for a 2 night stay despite my minimum requirements being set for 3 nights. I reached out to the guest to explain and Airbnb confirmed that this was due to a glitch in the system their end. Airbnb cancelled the reservation with no fees incurred for either side. However, now the guest has responded to say he's threatening legal action as he suggests that this is not a valid reason for cancellation and that I am bound by a contract to host him for this booking. Airbnb will not answer my questions relating to his legal rights and so now I'm worried about what to do.

I absolutely don't want to go against anything he is entitled to however now the booking is cancelled I'm not sure if he has the right for me to reinstate the booking that didn't meet my minimum requirements. I really don't know what to do and I don't know where we both stand with his legal threats on this matter. 

Airbnb have said I could either block him but they won't explain if there are repercussions with this, or they've said I could reach out to him with a special offer. If I agree to host his original booking am I within my rights to say I would only host if he can book an additional night as per my policy (which was in place at the time of his booking).

Has anyone got any advice on the best way to handle this? I've always worked really hard to get positive feedback from my guests over the last few years and really want to ensure I am handling this correctly?

Thanks in advance for any support. 

1 Best Answer
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Rachel969 I would block and ignore the guest. if they want to sue someone let them sue Airbnb. In the highly unlikely event you get a court summons then, at that point, involve Airbnb and claim under Aircover - But don't worry - It's not going to happen.

View Best Answer in original post

2 Replies 2
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Rachel969 I would block and ignore the guest. if they want to sue someone let them sue Airbnb. In the highly unlikely event you get a court summons then, at that point, involve Airbnb and claim under Aircover - But don't worry - It's not going to happen.

Thanks so much for replying and for giving me some reassurance.