Calendar - date conflict error where there are no existing bookings

Answered!
Caroline2383
Level 2
Sydney, Australia

Calendar - date conflict error where there are no existing bookings

Hi there, 

I’m hoping someone will be able to assist me.

I have a guest who would like to stay in my property commencing tomorrow. The property is available and the calendar is free. 

I am wanting to provide a ‘special offer’ to the guest however, I’m unable to send this through. I receive a notice saying the dates are not available.

Has anyone experienced this before? 

Any suggestions on how to fix this is greatly appreciated. 

Many thanks,

Caroline

1 Best Answer

Hello @Caroline2383 

Great to know that you manage to get the problem sorted and I hope after all that effort that your futur guest is going to accept your generous offer! That 24h ticker is a killer sometimes😉

Happy hosting Caroline,

All the best

Joëlle

View Best Answer in original post

3 Replies 3
Joelle43
Level 10
Cannes, France

Hello @Caroline2383 

That's strange because I tried to book your place as of tomorrow for a 2 night minimum and it showed that it was available?  But it did warn me that I only had one hour to send my request so you have probably programmed a requirement that a guest cannot book less than 24 hours before the arrival date.

If your guest has sent you a reservation request and you haven't confirmed yet, Airbnb blocks those dates on your calendar for 24hours to give the host the time to accept or decline/send a special offer but having said this, the date of the 27th is available so maybe you've sorted the problem out already or the guest withdrew their request?

Just in case here is a link that explains how to send a special offer:

https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/35?locale=en

All the best

Joëlle

Hi Joëlle, 

Thank you so much for your advice.

You are right, the calendar was free and the apartment was available. I had all of the settings set so the guest could book (so I thought), this is why it was very confusing. 

After a few hours of troubleshooting, I found the issue and it was rather simple, but not obvious to me. As a first host, I had selected to host ‘experienced guests’ for the first few visits. Once I turned that off, I was able to send through the offer. 

The guest is yet to accept the offer, after a very generous discount. But it was a good exercise on how to navigate the platform and to also reach out to the community. 

Thank you once again for your support, it was greatly appreciated.

Caroline

Hello @Caroline2383 

Great to know that you manage to get the problem sorted and I hope after all that effort that your futur guest is going to accept your generous offer! That 24h ticker is a killer sometimes😉

Happy hosting Caroline,

All the best

Joëlle