Can I leave a review for a Host that scammed me?

Linda3974
Level 1
Edmonton, Canada

Can I leave a review for a Host that scammed me?

Is it possible to leave a review as a guest for a host that scammed you?

6 Replies 6
Joelle43
Level 10
Cannes, France

Hello @Linda3974 

You don't specify if you actually stayed at the property?  Guests can only leave a review for a host if they entered the property.

However, you can "report this listing" - you'll find that caption with a flag symbol just underneath the hosts calendar.

All the best

Joëlle

We didn't stay there. We reported it and got a full refund through the Airbnb resolution center. But I just noticed in my inbox that I can actually leave a review.

Jenny
Community Manager
Community Manager
Galashiels, United Kingdom

Hi @Linda3974 

Can you tell us a bit more about what happened, please?  It'll help our members give you the most useful advice.

I've updated your post title so that it clarifies what you're looking for.

Take care,

Jenny

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

It was such a bizarre situation. Upon arrival, the home owner told us  first there was no Airbnb at her place, to saying someone was staying in the suite we booked at her place and then said, oh yes, your room is available. We go in, the room is a mess. It's not a suite with a private bathroom and kitchen like we had booked. It was a very shady experience. We had no place to stay for the first night  but found another airbnb for the remainder of our trip. So long story short, we got a complete refund through the Airbnb resolution center. 

@Linda3974. Yes, please review them (as you turned up and entered ) and write exactly what you said here. Its factual and will assist future potential guests. Imo the host is either badly organised, running a scam or something happened. Quite possibly listed on multiple platforms and the calendars not synching properly so double booked.

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Absolutely if you stayed at a listing you can leave a review or you can leave a review if your booking was cancelled on your check in day, but you were not able to check in because of a host error @Linda3974 .