Can we block guests from coming again?

Donald28
Level 10
Lithia Springs, GA

Can we block guests from coming again?

Honestly, there's some guests that I wouldn't want to stay in my airbnb again. They always say... "we'll be back when we are in the area". BUt, some people just aren't a good fit. Especially, the ones who leave bad feedback and less than 5 stars. Why would they want to come back and why would we as hosts want them back to leave us another less than great review? 

Airbnb really pushes hosts to use instant book but that feature leaves hosts with zero ability to prescreen guests. 

Is there a way to block people from instant booking? If there isn't, there should be. 

97 Replies 97

Does this still work? Very upset that I said I wouldn't host a guest again and then they instant booked a couple months later.

Jonathan478
Level 2
Edinburgh, United Kingdom

Exactly, I have had a few unpleasant experience this year so far when guests left  really unfair reviews and gave really low ratings. I just wanted to block them because the last thing I want is to have further communication with them. Some people just take everything for granted and would literally complain about everything. And Airbnb has not been very helpful when it comes to removing unfair & untrue reviews. I have been hosting for over 7 years now and I now I just want to give up. I honestly have had enough. I am really let down by those who don't appreciate the efforts you put into creating a comfortable space for them. They would never say Thank you for what you do for them. And Airbnb has not been as helpful as they used to which is very frustrating!!!!

It is very unfair and airbnb doesnt support the hosts at all!!!! they are on the side of the guest what makes me feel even more frustated

I’m having the same issue they took away the means to block. I’ve called numerous times and they keep telling me how to block them which is how it used to be but they didn’t get the memo that doesn’t exist anymore. From what I read on Reddit the way to block now is after you leave the review and you click you don’t want to host them again apparently my listing won’t show up. The problem

is I have 8 so they can just book another one. 

They didnt take it away they just changed the way they used to do it 

Shaminda0
Level 2
Moncrieff, Australia

one guest was over staying and I politely remind him the checkout time.  He left after 1.5Hours and gave me 3 * . I want to block him coming again. 

Better to keep a record of all the bad guests. 

I had the same problem but he gave me one star!!! i want to prevent him but I also want to avoid any friend making the reservation for him

Deanne11
Level 2
Concord, CA

Reporting and blocking 

If you block someone, they won't be able to send you messages, use Instant Book for your listings, send you a reservation request, or accept a reservation request from you. Blocking someone you have an upcoming reservation with is not possible.

To report a message
Desktop

1. Go to Inbox and select the conversation you want to report
  2. In the message, click the three dots icon
  3. Click Report this message
  4. Select the reason you're reporting the message and click OK
  5. Give further details (if required), and then click Submit

For most of the reasons, you'll have the option to block the person from messaging you again.

Note: If you reached this page by tapping on an Unblock link, you should upgrade your app or use the web, and then the Unblock link should unblock your conversation.