Cancelation and money request

Answered!

Cancelation and money request

So I had a booking to London from 24th of April to 2nd of May (8 days), costing me in total around 3,122 USD. The host approached me on WhatsApp telling me that he needs to call me about the reservation so we had a conversation for more than 15 mins on the call and he explained to me more about the listing and told me if I want to cancel the reservation and get a full refund I could do that, so I agreed to do so. So he started guiding me through the steps. First he changed the dates of the reservation from his side and I accepted (so the money comes faster according to him), then told me to cancel the reservation and then told me how to get the full refund through the resolution center, and unfortunately I did what he said to the dot. After a couple of days I approached him on WhatsApp and Airbnb massaging to ask about the refund but I was ghosted, so I started thinking that I probably got scammed by him. Then, I seeked help from Airbnb support but unfortunately the Airbnb support is siding with him because I don’t have a “solid proof”, and off course now he is claiming that he never approached me on WhatsApp or on a call (according to Airbnb support, he still ghosting me on all platforms). Even though the timeframe of the call coincides with the dates changing request he initiated from his side and the cancelation and the money request. So my question is, is there any hope for me to get the money I lost? 

1 Best Answer
Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hey @Mohammed314 ,

Sorry for this loss and the situation you encountered! Although the support teams have processes in place, I will also nudge the related team about your concern and if they can assist you on this.

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

View Best Answer in original post

2 Replies 2
Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hey @Mohammed314 ,

Sorry for this loss and the situation you encountered! Although the support teams have processes in place, I will also nudge the related team about your concern and if they can assist you on this.

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

To be honest with you I find it astonishing that the timeframe of the call coinciding with the dates changing request initiated by him isn’t enough proof that he was actually at the other end of the line according to the support team!!