Cancellation Fine - 5 years later

Answered!
Janina105
Level 1
Zürich, Switzerland

Cancellation Fine - 5 years later

Hello everybody,

I received a payout for a booking from Airbnb with 90$ deducted. This deduction was for a cancellation I apparently did for another listing from 5 years ago. I haven't hosted since and don't have this listing anymore. I obviously can't remember what happened. I was just wondering if it is okay for Airbnb to deduct this fine from a cancellation that happened 5 years ago. Also, the guest didn't pay anything in the end, so I was wondering where this money is going. Any advice is appreciated.

1 Best Answer
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Janina105 if you cancelled and were fined 5 years ago then Airbnb have held that debt for 5 years and are now calling it in. The money goes into Airbnb's coffers and is presumably used to compensate guests who have their trips ruined by a host cancellation. You should be able to see all the history in your transactions.

View Best Answer in original post

2 Replies 2
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Janina105 if you cancelled and were fined 5 years ago then Airbnb have held that debt for 5 years and are now calling it in. The money goes into Airbnb's coffers and is presumably used to compensate guests who have their trips ruined by a host cancellation. You should be able to see all the history in your transactions.

Rebecca
Community Manager
Community Manager
Suffolk Coastal District, United Kingdom

Hi there @Janina105 👋

Did you get in touch with Airbnb Support about this? If so, what was the outcome? 

Looking forward to hearing from you,

Rebecca 🌟

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines