Claims and cancellations

Anouschka6
Level 2
London, United Kingdom

Claims and cancellations

Hello. I’m new to hosting. 
I’ve had 2 guests for weekends at our newly refurbished family home. Both have created significant damage. 
flooding the bathroom and staining the ceiling to the room below. The other braking the Victoria spindle on the stairs. 
The claims process is not guaranteed a payout when the guests say it’s not their fault. Probably. 
my question is how likely will I get a payout. 
How long does it take. 
what are they cancelling terms for guests?

im considering removing myself from the platform. 
its just not worth it. 

4 Replies 4
Kelley3
Level 3
Long Beach, CA

I am sorry :frowning_face: Did you screen this guest? No parties, no pets and no smoking or vaping on property has to be agreed upon before accepting my guest. No auto booking! If your belongings mean anything to you don’t have the in your rental. 

Kelley Hartwyk

Hi. 
yes screened and they had good reviews. The damage has been caused by a 2 children playing at the top of the stairs and kicking the banister spindles. 
the other had been caused by a complete flood in the bathroom. I suspect the teenager ran the bath and left the side spray on running down the wall. The damage is  nowhere near the shower which they say was blocked. 
I’m asking to get out of my bookings after the damage Kelly. 
this is beyond a few spillages and broken glasses etc. 

Rebecca
Community Manager
Community Manager
Suffolk Coastal District, United Kingdom

Hey @Anouschka6  👋

It's been a while since you posted and I'm wondering whether you managed to get a resolution to your question? 

It'd be great to hear from you, so we can understand what the resolution was but also to support other Hosts who may have similar questions in the future. 😊

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

Hi. No resolution as yet. The whole process is ridiculous.  It feels like they delay the process and then will say sorry it’s beyond our claim time.