Continuous Requeats for Recommendations

Dimitra62
Level 1
London, United Kingdom

Continuous Requeats for Recommendations

Hi all ! 

I have  property in Athens. we have an extensive list of recos we send guests for food, drink, night life, supermarkets etc. 

I find that some guests relentlessly ask for recos ranging from directions to places to suggestions for hotels and tours on islands and various parts of the country. 

any tips on how to politely manage as I’m feeling like google here.  

W so much ! 

3 Replies 3
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Dimitra62 I would write a guidebook. Alternatively just recognise that an excellent host does go above and beyond if requested.

Emmanuel9
Level 4
Agios Nikolaos, Greece

Also keep in your mind writing in listing profile places to visit and main useful information so you can send them there to take their answer. 
Also i put after listing photos some photos of the area around, beaches and mountains for example.

If you want something more leveled up you can make a website with sightseeing's, videos , museums, useful info etc. so they will have all the information there.
Now i have made this for myself.

From my experience a lot of guests dont pay at all attention at the information and if you answer them one time they start to ask all the time. You can go beyond also by answering all the time. 

We've found a number of guests want the one-one personal experience hosts provide...

Here is our latest version of how we manage it...

We've created " q/a list"  for the top 20 popular questions,  which we update, every quarter, and edit year edit.. some of our q/a categories are "insiders tips" ; "best seafood" ; "best day trip"; "history"; "best after dark"; "best beaches", etc.

We use   "scheduled messages";  to manage the q/a content, we do this only because it keeps the info with the specific listing, a co-host has access, and inadvertently, we do not send the guest an answer related to another listing. 

The content comes from our books, links, etc...thus, it is just a question of reformatting to manage our time, and help the guest.