Custom Trip Lengths

Samantha211
Level 2
Mansfield, Australia

Custom Trip Lengths

Is anyone else on this platform having the same problem with Custom Trip Lengths not being applied and receiving booking request that don't meet the Custom Trip Length requirements? I have 14 listings and it's been happening with all of them for more than a week now and I can't seem to get it resolved. 

13 Replies 13
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Samantha211 Are you using rulesets to set trip length differently across the year? If so there has long been an issue (that may be insoluble) whereby a booking crossing across different trip lengths is allowed.

no Im not using rulesets and I wasn't aware there was an issue with those but good to know!

@Samantha211 have your problem been solved? I cannot custom the trip lengths neither!

No, this issue is still ongoing despite multiple conversations with various Airbnb support ambassadors who have provided incorrect information and no resolution 

Like you @Samantha211 I am extremely frustrated with this. I run 21 properties on Airbnb and used to be able to set custom trip lengths and check-in dates by using the Listings tab, then choose the listing and then the "pricing and availability" tab and then "add custom trip lengths. Now the ability to set the check-in date on each of these calendar periods has disappeared. 

@Rachel13 This sounds super frustrating for you and @Samantha211 ; especially if you have multiple properties. I do see custom trip lengths available now under the Pricing & Availability Tab and now appearing on the standard calendar view/right side?  The Checkin/Checkout Restrictions are now appearing on the standard calendar view, right side as well (towards the bottom) I'll attach screen shots. 

That being said, if you opted in to the new Summer 2023 release, there is a known bug with trip length/checkin/checkout functionality. If you had set custom restrictions on old software, whatever you set under new software will NOT always override your previous settings. The system is "stuck" on what you set previously and will not override them. The only way hosts have been able to get resolved (until bug corrected), is to contact CS. You must give them the specific dates involved and they can see the old restrictions on their end for those dates and remove them so your new settings will apply.  Host @Rama263 got it resolved (had the same issue). See thread:

https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Ask-about-your-listing/Trip-duration-bug-in-new-version/m-p/1784...

Hope you are able to get this resolved. Let us know how it goes. 

Calendar 2.jpg

Checkin Checkout Restrictions 2.png

Hi @Joan2709 . Thanks for your reply. I see your screenshots, but as far as I can see, those "restricted check-in" or "restricted checkout" options apply to the whole property calendar, throughout the year and permanently - whereas I mean that I want to be able to set, for example, from 15th June to 15th September, check-in only on Saturdays. I always had this option before and it was extremely useful. Without it, I am having to decline booking after booking because people want to arrive e.g on a Wednesday when my changeover day is Wednesday!

I mean when my changeover day is Saturday...

@Samantha211@Rachel13 , @Julie1155 

Ahaa..I see. Then the only way to do this for now might be by turning on "Professional Tools" (Hosts were required in the past to have 6 or more listings to use Pro Tools, but now even if you have one listing you can use Pro Tools). Then Create a "Rule Set" that restricts checkin checkout days and apply to the days you don’t want folks checking in/out on the Calendar? It might be a bit cumbersome to pick every Wednesday in the Calendar to do this, but might be your only option for now unless Airbnb comes up with a different option for you. This might be an unintended consequence of the new release? Many hosts just add a prep day between bookings for cleaning and it covers the whole calendar automatically. Sounds like you want to restrict checkin checkout to a specific day of the week?

Pro Tools.png

Rule Sets Multi Calendar.png

Rule Sets Check in Check Out.png

Let us know if this works for you!

No, I’m not using rules. I’ve been using the custom trip length feature for 7 years and I’ve never encountered this problem,

Pat271
Level 10
Greenville, SC

Are you using any other third-party API like Pricelabs, Wheelhouse, etc.? If so, you have to control those types of settings from the third-party API, or they will just get overwritten.

No I’m not 

Julie1155
Level 3
Noosa Heads, Australia

Hi,

Since the new changes I've been having issues with 'Trip Length' and 'Length of Stay'.

It is now a lot more difficult to set trip length. Previously it was in the side panel and easy to change and see the trip length setting for any date. Now there are several steps involved and a custom trip length has to be set for any dates that do not fit the standard minimum night setting.

I'm also finding that I can't change the minimum night setting beyond August 2023!? I need to change the length of my minimum night setting during December and January as it is a very busy time and it is very difficult to get cleaners during this period for 2 night stays.

The new update is more time consuming and less flexible when it comes to setting trip length. Can we please revert back?

Best wishes,
Julie  (Superhost since 2016)