Customer support

Wendy76
Level 2
Otis, MA

Customer support

So tired of Airbnb support for the guest and not for the host

Had a rainy weekend predicted guest did not want to stay because the event they were going to was more than likely canceled. But rather than discuss that with me she told Airbnb is that there was beer cans all over the deck, dog hair everywhere (pet's not allowed in this unit), Dust and dirt in the laundry room. Loud music in broken tiles in the bathroom. She submitted pictures to Airbnb so they canceled her reservation and took the money back. I asked for proof of pictures and Airbnb denied me because the guest did not want me to see them. Major red flag they weren't even of my place but how can I prove that I can't see the pictures. I've been with Airbnb 9 years and it seems like this last year they are just sending us a bunch of scammers and people looking to stay for free. I'm going to try doing this on my own without them as I have a lot of repeat guests as well.

2 Replies 2
Helen0
Level 10
Manchester, United Kingdom

@Wendy76 Did you take your own photos? I appreciate that you may not have received the details of her complaint until after another guest had checked-in, but if there was any opportunity to take photos immediately I would do that at least. 

If you believe the guest's photos are of another property, you must insist on seeing them. Airbnb Customer Support can then check for themselves whether the property in her photos corresponds with your already-uploaded photos of your property. 

Keep pushing back - I have had guests claim to have had pictures and video showing poor conditions when I knew that would have been impossible - but when pressed to disclose these, they never did.  

I have also had a crazy uptick in guest scamming and filing false refund requests. there is lots of blogs who tell them how. Airbnb support foolishly backs guests claims and these scammers know it