Discount every specific days

Discount every specific days

Hi all, is there a way to create a discount for every Monday/Tuesday? I didn’t find any solution

22 Replies 22
Breanna
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
Pontefract, United Kingdom

Hi @Daniele941 

Have you tried out the info here here on the Help Center about creating discounts? >> https://www.airbnb.co.uk/help/topic/1478

There are also some Hosts on the CC that are really great at navigating these techy  questions so I'll ask them to stop by if they have a moment! @Joan2709 @Joelle43 

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

Tried, but every promotion from airbnb are only with specific dates or days. There isn't one like i mentioned for every monday/Tuesday from what i see. My main issue is because the first part of week im always empty and wanted to add a promotion if it was possibile but manually changing the prices for every monday its impossible

Hi @Daniele941 

Airbnb Custom Promotions are different than creating a Rule Set to apply a % discount...it's kinda confusing.

Airbnb Custom Promotions

This is great, as you can get the "strike-thru" price that a guest will see on your thumbnail when searching (usually 15-20% is required). However, Airbnb has restrictions on the use of Custom Promotions. 

Why Can't I Set Custom Promotions for Certain Dates

https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/2719

Rule Sets to Discount Price

As @Joelle43 said, this is another way of discounting your prices. Guests will not see the strikethrough pricing, but will see the discount when trying to book. You can also create a Rule Set to provide a discount if the guest books a longer stay. If you have a 2nite minimum, you can create a Rule Set to provide a discount if they book 3nites or more. Lots of options with Rule Sets.

Guest View Reg Discount.png

The only way to apply a discount to specific day of the week (say Mon/Tues) currently, is to create a Rule Set and apply it manually to those days.

@Breanna @Joan2709 @Joelle43 
I have tried to create a custom rule/promotionScreenshot_1.png

It's in italian but you can guess what i did. 10% discount with red color.
I have selected the days that i want to set discount, added the rule, saved. If i select one of the days, it show there is the discount on the right Screenshot_2.png

But none of the days is highlighted in red and if i search my listing there is no discount applied. Did i miss something? 
Thanks

@Daniele941 the ruleset colours only seem to work in the multi calendar not in the monthly one.

i'm already using the multi calendar

Hi @Daniele941 

I only recently learned that Smart Pricing can interfere with your Rule Sets? I don't use Smart Pricing, so can't confirm that. 

Why not try turning OFF Smart Pricing (another Host said you have to turn it off for the entire calendar in Pricing Settings on your Calendar, not just one day). Then apply the Rule Set and see if it works when you check it. After you see that the Rule Set is working, you can turn Smart Pricing back on. 

Otherwise, you can always go in and manually adjust a price and override Smart Pricing on any day on your calendar. 

Smart Pricing.png

Tested disabling the smart pricing but it's not working too. I give up thanks for your time

Hello @Daniele941 

Try taking off the dates that are showing up on your screen shot and start just by creating your rule set first - no dates. 

Then go back onto your multi calendar and then apply this rule set to the dates and then the dates selected should up in red where you have applied this rule set.

I tried to disable the rules and enable again multiple times but it doesnt change anything. To create a rule i need to enter from the right window that show up when i selecet a date, or is there another way?

Ok it was a cache issue, changing the browser i can see the color in the calendar. however when i manually check my listing i still don't see the discount/promotion

Can you give me the dates involved so that I can go onto your calendar as a guest?

Thanks. Both 18-19 oct, using different browser i can see the highlight
Screenshot_3.png

Listing link https://www.airbnb.it/rooms/983188100588345902

@Daniele941 When I go onto your listing for the 18-19th October the price indicated is 63€ for the nightly fee whereas on the screen shot you've sent it shows 58€!! I see you have smart pricing switched on.

Do you only want guests to stay for 1 night?  Because it's impossible to stay longer