Employer wanting to book extended 2-3 month stay for employees

Lauren4351
Level 2
Powell River, Canada

Employer wanting to book extended 2-3 month stay for employees

I was contacted and asked if I was interested in hosting a 2-3 month booking this summer as her and her husband will be working in my area. After I replied and shared that I would consider this, she responded the next day and said she was actually looking for a place to book a couple for this time and they are employees of her company that are working in my area for the summer. 

I asked that the employees be the ones that book so I have communication with them and if anything were to happen, the airbnb follow up would be linked to the guests. She then replied that she wants to make the booking as she wants to use her business credit card. 

I'd love to have a booking for the summer, but feeling a red flag here. Any suggestions?

4 Replies 4
Margaret1088
Level 3
San Antonio, NM

absolutely a red flag - trust your gut!

Ah, dang. I think you are right! I have had much fewer booking this last year and this seemed like a great way to have it fully booked for a while. It's tough to not be able to trust everyone! Thanks for your input!

Till-and-Jutta0
Host Advisory Board Alumni
Stuttgart, Germany

No TPB - third party booking! Would be an offence against Airbnb rules (except the official "Airbnb for Work") - and lots of trouble.

Thanks for this! Yes, I was new to this kind of request, so I wasn't sure how to handle it! It's a no go for me!