Extended stay guest refusal to pay

Answered!
Joe-And-Gail1
Level 1
Roseville, CA

Extended stay guest refusal to pay

We have an extended stay guest who refuses to pay.    Airbnb will cancel the reservation.  What have you done in this situation to get the guest to move out?  

1 Best Answer
Ted307
Level 10
Prescott, AZ

@Joe-And-Gail1 

A lot depends on how long the renter has already stayed with you. In CA, a renter gets tenant's rights after 30 days.

If it has been less than that, call your local police to have them removed. I used to be a landlord in CA, but now I live in Arizona.

Chris

Ted & Chris

View Best Answer in original post

3 Replies 3
Ted307
Level 10
Prescott, AZ

@Joe-And-Gail1 

A lot depends on how long the renter has already stayed with you. In CA, a renter gets tenant's rights after 30 days.

If it has been less than that, call your local police to have them removed. I used to be a landlord in CA, but now I live in Arizona.

Chris

Ted & Chris

@Ted307 Thank you!  We will check regulations for Atlanta GA.   

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Hello @Joe-And-Gail1 

You should never extend a guests booking until you receive payment.

I believe in the US your guests do gain tenancy rights post 30 days so it's particularly important that you look very carefully when deciding to accept longer term bookings about the legal implications in terms of tenancy rights of doing so.

If the guest is still at the listing then you or your cohost need to go to the property to ensure they leave promptly (bring someone with you so you have a witness).