Extra flowers and chocolates

Extra flowers and chocolates

Hey everyone - a guest has asked me to get some flowers and chocolates for his girlfriend for their one night stay this weekend. I sometimes put fresh flowers out but if they're staying one night, then it would be best to leave them in bouquet package, no? 

Also I would like to know if hosts would charge guests for doing this? and also how you go about charging extra money?

Option 1 - offer circa.£30 and an extra hour for check out.

Option 2- grab something cheap from local shop and not charge

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks

8 Replies 8
Ruth413
Level 10
Moreton, United Kingdom

@Cassie167 

We quite often get requests like this.  Either decorating the property for a honeymoon, a local produce welcome pack or flowers, chocolates, champagne etc.

I am also more than happy to provide this to make someone's stay that little bit more special for them.  

What I tend to say, is absolutely no problem and ask them for their budget.  I take that into account and go out and get what I can within that budget.  Sometimes it takes a little searching for, especially the local produce baskets. 

Once you have a budget though, it is easy to decide what you are going to provide.  You do need to charge though as this is your time and I can honestly say that every guest I have had has been really appreciative of the extra bit of effort put in, although they have paid for it. 

I would try and avoid a cheap bouquet but if that is all the guests budget allows, you are a bit stuck.  Maybe rewrap them and add ribbon etc.  Also if the budget is that low, I would explain to the guest beforehand what could be provided so he/she won't be disappointed on arrival.  

Hope this helps. 

Thank you but how would I add an extra charge through the booking 

Till-and-Jutta0
Host Advisory Board Alumni
Stuttgart, Germany

@Cassie167  schrieb:

Thank you but how would I add an extra charge through the booking 

As @Pat271 and @Huma0  said: https://www.airbnb.com/resolutions

[Unless stated otherwise, my comments are based on my personal Airbnb hosting and travelling experiences.]
Pat271
Level 10
Greenville, SC

@Cassie167  Although I wouldn’t mind the extra work and expense involved in this request, I would be concerned that since the guest asked this of you right off the bat, and especially if he expects you to pay for it, it might represent a certain level of expectation and entitlement that might complicate other aspects of the stay.

I would respond that I would be happy to accommodate the request, along with a “standard fee” for providing the service. You’ll learn a lot from his subsequent response.

You can collect the fee via the Airbnb Resolution Center online.

Yes sorry should have stated that he has indeed offered to pay 

Till-and-Jutta0
Host Advisory Board Alumni
Stuttgart, Germany

Indeed, I know 5-star-hotels offering this kind of service.

How did the guest "ask"? In a friendly way, offering reimbursement - or just requesting?

[Unless stated otherwise, my comments are based on my personal Airbnb hosting and travelling experiences.]

Yes sorry - I should have stated that he has offered to pay 

Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Cassie167 

Well then, as @Ruth413 says, it all depends on his budget. If he hasn't specified one, ask him.

As for payment, you can just send a request via the Airbnb resolution centre.

Explore Resource Center articles

Making your home ready for guests
Tips from Airbnb plus hosts: How to add thoughtful touches
Supporting guests during their stay