Fenced yard

Answered!
Julie4918
Level 3
Providence, RI

Fenced yard

Hi, I'm looking for options when traveling with my dogs. One of the necessities is a fenced yard. Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be a way to filter for pet-friendly homes with fully fenced yards. I'm looking broadly in New England at the moment. Any advice?

1 Best Answer

Please let users filter Airbnbs for fenced yards, to allow people with pets and children to find the right stay for them. Having a fenced yard is a requirement for some people. The only alternative is to manually search through Google for "site:airbnb.com fenced yard [location]", then manually open each page and see if it's available.

As another commenter said, filtering for a fenced yard seems at least as useful as filtering for grand pianos and windfalls.

View Best Answer in original post

17 Replies 17
Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Julie4918 ,

Welcome to the Airbnb Community Center!

Were you able to find any listings related to your ask?

Can’t find what you’re searching for? start a conversation

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

Hi @Bhumika ,

PREVIEW

Thanks for checking in! I've found some relevant listings and am still on the hunt. It's very slow going as the search requires opening and scanning every listing for clues. I can't figure out a more efficient way to find what I'm looking for. Any advice is welcome. 

Julie

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

You don't have to open every listing. You can go into the advance search function and search for listing that indicate they have a back garden @Julie4918 

@Helen3, thank you for this tip. Unfortunately, I can't locate this function - is is a hidden filter? Any guidance is welcome!

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

No it's not hidden. @Julie4918 

Just use the search function and click on 'filters'.

However I have just clicked on the function and unfortunately for some strange reason they have removed the filter to search by garden.

Probably the easiest way to find what you are looking for is to use Google.

Ah, that makes sense - it has not been an available filter for as long as I've been trying this search. 

I've used Google and it's been very limited in its usefulness for this query. It does seem like the only way to find what I need is to painstakingly open and read each potential listing.

This is absolutely terrible that you can't add a 'fenced backyard' as a search criteria!  I'm pretty sure we have the technology to easily do this.  This should be standard, without hesitation!  

yes, I’ve found that filter but just because there is a backyard doesn’t mean it’s fenced appropriately for kids or pets. Thanks!

Can we have a filter for pets allowed and fully fenced yard?

This would be great filter to have for sure. My dogs have a fenced in yard at home so they are not used to being leashed when they want to play. 

Mark116
Level 10
Jersey City, NJ

@Julie4918  I was sure there was a filter that included back yard access, but there isn't. 

You could try checking bbq grill as an amenity that might filter out at least places with no outside access and give a better chance of finding a place with a fenced in yard.

Shell752
Level 3
Geneva, IL

You've hit upon one of my pet peeves and one that I've emailed both Airbnb and VRBO about several times.  It seems incomprehensible that you can search for a home in a windmill but not one with a fenced yard.   

I travel extensively with my dogs for dog shows as well as vacations and I've spent hundreds of hours googling "Nova Scotia Airbnb fenced yard" (as an example) and I have found some wonderful properties (unfortunately, none in the part of the country you're searching)   But it is extremely time-consuming.  ( I found one incredible property in Nova Scotia that did not have a fenced yard but it was an island with a short causeway separating it from the mainland and I brought along two x-pens to act as a barrier to the road.   

Hopefully, Airbnb will listen and add a filter for us dog lovers in the near future.  Good luck with your hunt! 

totally Agree!!

I agree with you, I try to find places with fenced in yards because I always travel with my pups and sometimes with my Grandkids. I would like a safe place for all of them to play. I have found several places I loved, but none had a fenced in spot  or yard at all. They have lost a lot of business from myself and others due to this.