Finding Tenant?

Answered!
Friesh0
Level 2
Durham, NC

Finding Tenant?

Unable to get booking? for the last 6 month any suggestions, I love hosting I came across good Tenants.

1 Best Answer

Thank you for the input Helen it is helpful, I use to be supper host I do not know what changed. I am grateful for your advise.

Regards

Frieshgenet

View Best Answer in original post

8 Replies 8
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Friesh0 Have you looked at what guests actually have to pay?  For instance your cleaning fee is double your nightly rate which feels excessive. By the time all fees and taxes are included the guest is paying an awful lot of money.

Thank you Mike and Jane, Loma mentioned that I will change it.

Lorna170
Level 10
Swannanoa, NC

@Friesh0 

Have you considered allowing a couple to stay?  

Have you considered dropping your requirement to two nights instead of three?

I would definitely increase the nightly rate by perhaps $10 and slash your cleaning fee in half.  I have found that people will pay good rates nightly for a nice property but will balk at extra fees. 

Note:  My cleaning fee of $100 is for a 2 BR, 1 bath kitchen, living room, deck and hot tub empty scrub and fill, about 4 hours of my housekeeper's time.  What is costing your guest $100 in cleaning fees?

Thank you Loma,

I will try to do that and see if that work. what great community, I did not know I just came by accident to the community center I am glad I found you.

Helen744
Level 10
Victoria, Australia

@Friesh0 you seem to have two exactly the same . One needs to go and your photos need updating . I would put in some information about what is near your area or close by as people do like to know if they are staying in a particular area. Check which listing is appearing on Airbnb and at the same time check out the 'new hosting rules for rooms 'in peoples homes. All doors need a lock and there needs to be access to a bathroom and shared spaces and this needs to be on your listing. Good Luck .. H

also Friesh its important you tell people if you wish to host only females, or the longest time they can stay, because you may attract students for three to six months or similar.If you offer home cooking say so .... H

Hi Helen, I run a restaurant for 20 years I am tiered of cooking, but some times I do not mind sharing when I cook for myself, or share my experience of menu and knowledge. where do you think I can indicate having female only that will be great.

Thank you for the input Helen it is helpful, I use to be supper host I do not know what changed. I am grateful for your advise.

Regards

Frieshgenet