Credit card was used to make fraudulent reservations - any advice?

Brad887
Level 2
Salisbury, MD

Credit card was used to make fraudulent reservations - any advice?

My credit card was used to make fraudulent reservations worth over $1400 at AirBnb. They repeatedly tried to tell me that either I had made the reservations or that they were made by family or friends who had access to my credit card (none do).  I have communicated with **  None of them have been able or willing to provide me with any information about how my card was used. Nonetheless, I have receipts from my bank that show charges were made by a **, and I was able to determine that two locations were reserved, one in Fort Lauderdale, and one in Miami Beach. Yet AirBnb continues to play dumb and insist that the charges are valid. I don't think the fraud was an inside job, because I had only had that credit card for two months, and had not used it at AirBnb, so someone outside the company must have gained access to it. I have  blocked the charges at my bank, but they are still in dispute, so we'll see who wins.  I have never done business with a company this corrupt, so I am cancelling my account as soon as the matter is settled. Until then, I need the account in order to communicate with them, which is all one way (me to them) because they don't tell me anything. 

**[Inappropriate content removed in line with the Community Center Guidelines]

6 Replies 6
Jenny
Community Manager
Community Manager
Galashiels, United Kingdom

Hi @Brad887 

I just wanted to confirm that I've passed details of your concerns over to the team, and asked if they can investigate what's happened and how it's been handled, and then reach out to you.

Someone should be in touch once they've had a look at things.

Jenny

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

I won't hold my breath

I also have the same issue can you look over who used my card for the reservation ? 

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Hawra0 , 

As this is a Community Center and not Airbnb Customer Support, I wanted to confirm if you had a chance to get in touch with customer support for this issue?

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

The exact same thing just happened to me.  I keep asking, "From what location was this charge made"  They will not answer.  Then I ask, "Do you have the ability to find out the location from which a booking is made?"  They don't answer!   I've also been trying to tell the host what is happening, and she thinks that I am lying.  I understand that, because it doesn't make any sense.  Who benefits from this??   Why would someone hack my card and make a reservation somewhere?   But, she did say to me that Airbnb contacted her, and told her that I admitted to them that I made the reservation.  I never did!!  I didn't make it, and I've been messaging them for days trying to tell them that it was fraud.  The host that I am booked with seems legit, she has 800 reviews, and a vineyard that shows up in other searches.  I don't understand this.  All that I know is that I lost $600 and Airbnb won't bother to help at all.  

@Alison1146 Don't waste your time with Airbnb in these situations. Ask your bank/credit card company to reverse the fraudulent transaction.