Getting more renters

Getting more renters

Hello,

I am stressed about our condo in Hawaii not being rented much at all over the next 4 months.  Any advice?  I am open to dropping the price etc.  Just a little stressed as the mortgage and dues still keep coming, haha. 

Thank you!

2 Replies 2
Joelle43
Level 10
Cannes, France

Hello @Cathi86 

Just been onto your listing and I feel that there is a lot of information that has been left out and that should be added to your listing.  When you first list on Airbnb you have 50 words to highlight your place and then once you've gone live you have lots more information that can be added to better describe your place etc.  

As a host, I feel it's important that we have a real picture of ourselves and there is a profile page where we can choose to reveal a few things about ourselves so that guests can feel more comfortable with their host.

There are sub headings under description that you can fill in and I would go back to the amenities section too as I'm convinced that you have lots of amenities that can be checked off too from the long list available.  New ones are added all the time so it's important to go back regularly to check the amenities section. 

Write captions under the photos too and all of this will help you get noticed by the algorithm as being an active host and will in turn boost your placement in the search results.

all the best

Joëlle

Jennifer1897
Level 10
Irvine, CA

Hi @Cathi86 I took a look at your listing and also did an extensive search of other properties in your area. Here would be my suggestions.

1. After searching other properties, the average 2bed/2bath Unit offering similar amenities averages in price from $250-300. That makes your property being offered at $450 a night a bit on the higher side. Not to say it's not worth that, but in order to be seen in a competitive market your prices will need to be fairy close in rang to those that are similar. 

2. Your listening description is very vague. You have a brief little blurb that contains more info about the area vs the property itself. This introduction is your chance to sell the property by highlighting its attributes. I would expand on this section a bit.

3. Your amenities are limited. You list 15 amenities for a non-shared property. Personally, when traveling, I look at the amenities on most properties to see if they meet my needs in general or particularly for that trip. For example, I have a family member with several dietary restrictions. When she travels with us it easier to cook meals in the home. In this case I would be looking at specific kitchen amenities. It looks like the grounds also offer several things such as a pool. I would make sure this is highlighted and mentioned as well.  Also, given that people can now plug in amenities in their search, by not listing everything you offer you could potentially be left out in searches. I also noticed you didn't have any amenities for the bathroom (shampoo, soap etc.) While you might provide this and just didn't list it, I would consider including this if you don't. At a price point of $450 I think including the basics is a nice touch.