Guest breaking house rules

Guest breaking house rules

Hi guys, my place has indicated the house rule that not allow smoking but the guest was smoking at my place and left the ash and the packaging there. Please share your experiences and guide me along. I have contacted airbnb support team at this afternoon but they are not yet respond on this issue. This is kind of issue as well. What taking them so long time to help host since guest break the house rules?

1 Reply 1

@ShinYuen0   Is the guest currently staying in the property?  If so,  you can demand that the guest leave the property immediately - but in doing so you will be expected to refund the unused nights of the booking.

If the stay is already over, I don't know what you expect Airbnb support staff to do for you - this is not an emergency. You should write an honest review to warn future hosts that the guest did not honor your house rules, but that's about the limitation of your recourse. You can attempt a damage claim, but if there was no physical damage to the property aside from a lingering odor, you're unlikely to see any results.