Guest inviting unlisted people after midnight. Message sent, but no reply

Answered!
Justin449
Level 2
Bend, OR

Guest inviting unlisted people after midnight. Message sent, but no reply

Our current guest is here for two nights.  Now there are three people in the room (Maximum listed capacity is two) and only one is listed. 

They're also not following the house rules, attempted other entrances into the house,  and left 200 used N2O cartridges from their previous stay.

I'm not sure how to best address this.

1 Best Answer
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Really you are at a loss 🙂 @Justin449

I am at a loss as to why you accepted a booking from guests who got high in your aparment previously. 

The obvious thing to do, is contact airbnb and ask them to cancel the booking at they have an extra guest staying there contrary to your house rules. And that this uninvited guest is trying to break into your private residence which forms part of the same property.

Once Airbnb has cancelled the booking go down to the guest residence with a friend or two while they pack and leave.

By the way why didn't you leave them a negative review and three stars the first time around and a thumbs down so they couldn't IB with you again and as a warning to future hosts.

View Best Answer in original post

18 Replies 18
Justin449
Level 2
Bend, OR

so here is a follow up

at 6pm today I hear yelling coming from the room.  I decided it was time to contact AirBNB.

I contacted AirBNB to report the issues so far and they informed me I needed to meesage the guest again to see if they would be willing to adhere to house rules or find another location (cancel the reservation).  I messaged the individual through the AirBNB account and they decided to leave voluntarily.  All seemed good until the last minute.

The guest informed me one of the other people staying with him in the room is refusing to leave and to call the police.  He insisted that it had nothing to do with him and left in his car.

I called the police and they came out to figure out what is going on.  After talking to the individual, I learned that the three people are roommates from California.  The guest with the account on AirBNB assualted the other guest (which is why I heard yelling) and refused to come out of the closet.  When I asked them to leave, the guest in the closet appearently didn't feel safe leaving with the person who assualted him.

The police went on to tell me that the three of them damaged the room like some kind of frat party.  They pissed on the bed, dented the wall, damaged the closet door, and left blood on the floor.

Image from iOS (1).jpgImage from iOS (2).jpgImage from iOS (9).jpgImage from iOS (10).jpgImage from iOS (8).jpgImage from iOS (7).jpgImage from iOS (6).jpgImage from iOS (5).jpgImage from iOS (4).jpgImage from iOS (3).jpgImage from iOS.jpgImage from iOS (12).jpgImage from iOS (11).jpg

@Justin449 That’s sorted, then!  All I can say is only communicate through Airbnb so there’s always a virtual paper trail.  Good luck getting a security deposit out of these low-lifes.  Glad you’re done with them.

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Really you are at a loss 🙂 @Justin449

I am at a loss as to why you accepted a booking from guests who got high in your aparment previously. 

The obvious thing to do, is contact airbnb and ask them to cancel the booking at they have an extra guest staying there contrary to your house rules. And that this uninvited guest is trying to break into your private residence which forms part of the same property.

Once Airbnb has cancelled the booking go down to the guest residence with a friend or two while they pack and leave.

By the way why didn't you leave them a negative review and three stars the first time around and a thumbs down so they couldn't IB with you again and as a warning to future hosts.

John1080
Level 10
Westcliffe, CO

@Justin449, I am sorry you've had these issues, but in reality, I am perplexed why you allowed them back and then didn't get rid of them at once when you realized more of them showed up than were booked.