Guest is unable to instant book

Aaron1222
Level 2
Granbury, TX

Guest is unable to instant book

Guests are unable to instant book.  It then prompts them to request to book, but I'm unable to accept.  I can click on accept or decline, but it just takes me to the guest profile.   I've been talking to support about this issue, and they supposedly sent it to the engineer department.  It's been 3 days and nobody has been able to give me an update.   Any insight would be appreciated.  

5 Replies 5
Guy991
Level 10
Sintra, Portugal

Hello @Aaron1222 ,

If it is a single occurrence, it might be a bug on the guest's side, not yours. Try turning off instant booking and have them try again. If that doesn't work, wait a few minutes, then turn instant booking back on and they should try again. Also, make sure you don't have a rule-set enabled that is preventing the booking.

@Guy991   This has occurred with 2 guests.  One on 3/24 and the other on 3/25.  I will definitely double check any rule-sets that may have been changed.

Thanks! 

@Aaron1222 have you tried accepting the booking request via your Airbnb app's inbox and on the web browser? Also, did your guest try withdrawing the booking request and try submitting a new one? You can also check your availability settings ensuring that all is set accordingly. Otherwise, it's likely a problem with the Airbnb platform that needs to be addressed by their technical support team. It's definitely possible that what you're experiencing is a bug or a temporary glitch in the system. You may also ask your guest to contact Airbnb if until now you're encountering the issue so Airbnb can also check if there's any problem on your guest's Airbnb account. Hope this helps! 

@Alicia753   I have tried accepting the booking request on both app and 2 different web browsers.  I've uninstalled and reinstalled the app.  I've cleared history and cookies on desktop. 

Airbnb support did have me ask the guest to retract the booking request and then request again, which the guest did.

The only thing I had changed just prior to this issue was the availability setting.  I changed it from 1 day advanced notice to same day in order to fill an unbooked weekend.  I've made this change many times in the past, without issue, so not sure if that is what caused it. 

Thanks for your quick response!

Rebecca
Community Manager
Community Manager
Suffolk Coastal District, United Kingdom

Hi @Aaron1222 👋

Did you manage to get this resolved? 😊

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines