Guest smoked in home

Guest smoked in home

I had a guest in January smoke in my home when we don’t allow smoking or vaping in the home they left cigar boxes and everything, totally trashed the place. Filed a claim that day with Airbnb and they acted like they were going to fix this problem asap. I submitted photos and crickets…it’s been months and months I keep calling and they keep “reopening” the case. Finally I got someone who actually wanted to help and be reached out to the guest claiming they caused damage and they said they would pay the 400 dollar carpet and couch cleaning and after airbnb told me that they stopped reaching out to me and every time I call they have no idea what I’m talking about and keep wanting to “reopen” the case. I have messages saying they have the guest wanting to pay. So why am I still out of my 400 since January. I’m really frustrated. 

2 Replies 2
Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Alexa4953 ,

I am so sorry to hear that you have been waiting for since long to get a resolution.

Please be assured that I have also raised your concerns with the internal teams for review and if they can reach out to you soon with a resolution.

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

Thank you. Every time I call Airbnb they say they are going to raise this to the internal team and I hear nothing. So hopefully you ca. help me I would really appreciate it.