Guest with no previous host rating, no picture. No bio

Answered!
Lorna229
Level 1
Anchorage, AK

Guest with no previous host rating, no picture. No bio

I have received  about 7 requests from questionable guests, since October 2022. Often with dubious names (Kane, Tomp, etc). They have no host ratings, they are "new accounts", they have no picture, no bio, no indication to where they live, and they ask a lot of questions about the neighborhood and shopping. They say they are inquiring to rent from October through May, or something like that (I live in Alaska, so that would really be an unusual request). 

Has anyone had a similar experience?

- Lorna

1 Best Answer
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

I'd say about 40% of my guests are new to Airbnb. @Lorna229  I ask everyone vetting questions to ensure they are a good fit for my property.

I don't take such long term bookings so wouldn't consider a guest making this sort of request.

It sounds like these might be spam guests. You can always report these requests to Airbnb. 

View Best Answer in original post

4 Replies 4
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

I'd say about 40% of my guests are new to Airbnb. @Lorna229  I ask everyone vetting questions to ensure they are a good fit for my property.

I don't take such long term bookings so wouldn't consider a guest making this sort of request.

It sounds like these might be spam guests. You can always report these requests to Airbnb. 

Fred13
Level 10
Placencia, Belize

We get these all the time,  oftentimes in bunches, and by what they say or ask we can tell they never read the description so do not take them seriously. We just type a single dot (.) and not waste too much time on them.

Thank you Fred13, that is very helpful info. Now, I'm going to answer with a single dot, as well.

Its Morse Code, means "Go Away".😁