Guests breaking the house rules

Kevin2783
Level 1
Calgary, Canada

Guests breaking the house rules

Hello,

My apartment is not pet friendly as I don’t want to deal with the cleaning, urine odor and pet fur all over the house and my apartment has carpet everywhere. Also many people are allergy to pets fur and that’s why I don’t allow pets in my apartment. 
I clearly stated that on my listing but my last guest came with a dog in the house.

in my house rules, I stated that if anyone happen to break my house rules, they will be charged $500 for cleaning and sanitizing the entire house including removing fur all over the house and the furnitures.

Now that this guest broke the house rules, and I only found out she had a dog when out cleaner came in the house and the guest was still inside with a dog. I asked her about that and she said she will pay. On top of that she asked me to extend her check out time from 11AM to 6pm and she will pay an additional $60. 

She checked out and she hasn’t paid anything for cleaning or the late checkout. I have been messaging her and she keeps saying she will pay but she still hasn’t and it’s been four days already.

The speaker and the Air freshener package that was in the house was also missing after her stay. 

I opened a reimbursement case but she didn’t respond. Not sure what I should do as I still need my house completely cleaned.

1 Reply 1
Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Kevin2783 ,

Welcome to the Airbnb Community Center and thank you for sharing your concerns with our Host Community!

Did you happen to reach out to customer support again in regard to your resolution center request? Is there any further progress?

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines