Guests reviews and airbnb

Guests reviews and airbnb

Hello, I am so confused. Why is airbnb review system so flawed?

I constantly get 5 stars which we work our tails off for but then on the individual stars i.e communication, value etc people feel free to put in any star they choose and not back it up with why they give a lesser star for this or that. Airbnb should make these guests accountable for giving a lower star to any topic and make people write why they felt to give the lower star. How is this constructive criticism if I have no idea on what to improve on? AND the whole "value" topic should be thrown out all together. My value perception can be totally different than other peoples standards. Totally worthless. Thank you I am now going to send this to airbnb headquarters because I'm sure I'm not the only one that has thought of this. 

2 Replies 2
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@April---Andy0 it is not surprising you will get the odd rating below 5 when you see what guests are told each rating means. See below for the questions asked and the interpretation Airbnb puts on the stars. If you don't like the current categories what would you change them to?

How was your stay with XXX?

Terrible

Bad

OK

Good

Great

How was your check-in at XX's place?

Not at all easy

Not very easy

Fairly easy

Very easy

Extremely easy

How clean was XX's space

Not at all clean

Not very clean

Fairly clean

Very clean

Extremely clean

How accurately did XX describe their place"

Not at all accurate

Not very accurate

Fairly accurate

very accurate

extremely accurate

How well did XX communicate?

not at all well

not very well

fairly well

very well

extremely well

What did you think of the location? How did you feel about the area and neighbourhood?

Not at all satisfied

not very satisfied

fairly satisfied

very satisfied

extremely satisfied

Finally, was XX's place worth what you paid

Terrible deal

bad deal

OK deal

Good value

Great deal

Thank you for sending the information. But like I said before if anyone tries to give you anything less than a 5 star for any of the questions then they should have to explain WHY they are doing so. Anything below a 5 star rating still goes against the overall numbers in my listing. People need to be held accountable for the stars they give. Also, Airbnb should just get rid of the whole question of value.