Help listing on Airbnb

Answered!
Arif130
Level 2
Birmingham, United Kingdom

Help listing on Airbnb

Hi, 

I am thinking of putting up a couple of my properties up on Airbnb and was wondering if a could get in touch with a few of you with your perspective on a few things. I would be very grateful for any insights at all on some of the questions I have. 

my email is **

Thanks, 

Arif. 

**[E-mail address removed due to safety reasons - Community Center Guidelines]

1 Best Answer
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Hello @Arif130 

Do read the community guides for new hosts on this community and you can use the search function on this community to find topics of interest.

You can also use the Airbnb Help website which has FAQs on all the basics of managing your STR business on Airbnb.

1. Good. But every host will have a different experience mostly based on how well you vet guests and manage your listing. There will be a small element of hosts who face guest damage/parties. 

2. None for me specifically really depends on your type of listing. If you want to manage your property remotely. You need a local cohost and CCTV

3. No - guest communication on the Airbnb platform is quick and easy

View Best Answer in original post

5 Replies 5
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Arif130 Your contact details will be taken down soon.

If you have questions ask away. We are all here to help

Arif130
Level 2

Awesome thank you! 

I was wondering if I could have some help regarding these questions. 

What’s your experience been like so far as a host?

Would you say there have been any specific challenges or pain points that you’ve encountered while managing your Airbnb?

What about when it comes to communication with potential guests, like have you had any instances where you’ve struggled to respond promptly or effectively? or even struggled to have a more personalised approach and that can be more down to time.

Is there anything you’re currently using NOW to manage your guest communication?

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Hello @Arif130 

Do read the community guides for new hosts on this community and you can use the search function on this community to find topics of interest.

You can also use the Airbnb Help website which has FAQs on all the basics of managing your STR business on Airbnb.

1. Good. But every host will have a different experience mostly based on how well you vet guests and manage your listing. There will be a small element of hosts who face guest damage/parties. 

2. None for me specifically really depends on your type of listing. If you want to manage your property remotely. You need a local cohost and CCTV

3. No - guest communication on the Airbnb platform is quick and easy

Arif130
Level 2

Thanks a lot for your insight Helen! 

@Arif130 to answer your questions

1) Excellent so far. We live on-site so there is less likelihood of parties etc.

2) No specific challenges 

3) We use the app for communication. We always thank people for their booking when they make it and then send directions with a check in time request a few days before their stay

4) We don't use automatic messages as feel they are impersonal.