Help regarding misbehaving guests

Answered!
Adita0
Level 2
Mumbai, India

Help regarding misbehaving guests

Hi been a host on Airbnb since 2012 and super host since the time of inception of the program.

In all these years I haven’t faced any issue with bad behavior however unfortunately my current guests have crossed the line in many ways.

For nearly a month now i have been bearing with their actions and overlooking and accomodating like a professional.

However yesterday while my cleaning staff was speaking to me j heard them yell at her and speak very rudely! I learn that this was regular feature and she would be yelled at if she went into the room to clean despite seeking permission!

I was appauled at this and clearly a line needed to be drawn i asked her to put me on speaker phone so i can put in a word but they were yelling and refused to speak to me! Im aghast at their actions. My poor maid of 8 years left crying ! Other guests have written reviews appreciating all her good work and kind personality and now she has decided to quit.

They also got yam and put it out in balcony for weeks without my knowledge and this attracted rats on the fourth floor! Not only in my apartment but they went into other apartments too and now building chairmen is asking me to shut down all airbnb!!

Im so upset and deeply disappointed with Airbnb super host support- No responses very robotic messages of sharing link for alterations of existing booking! I spoke to a customer care representative for 20 min who seemed to understand the situation and she said will call me in 2 hours but now its more that 30 hours nothing.

Kindly help ! Any advice / tips will help.

Warm Regards and good day

Adita

1 Best Answer
Pat271
Level 10
Greenville, SC

@Adita0 

I believe you can have them removed for repeated rude behavior. Read through these Airbnb guest rules. There are a lot of them that discuss guest behavior.

https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/3328#section-heading-3-0

As far how to go about requiring them to leave, please call Airbnb to discuss your options and timing. They may want you to follow some process for requiring them leave, like having them talk to the guest, having you fill out incident documentation, etc.

View Best Answer in original post

10 Replies 10
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Sadly there are some horrible guests out there. 

It's not the professional thing to do to overlook guests with poor behaviour who maybe breaking your house rules. The professional thing to do is to flag politely with guests how they are breaking house rules/their poor behaviour and warn them if it continues their booking will be cancelled. 

Tell Airbnb tell them it is unacceptable for guests to abuse your cleaning staff like this and to break into other buildings in your block. (How were they able to get in other apartments in your building by the way?).

Tell Airbnb they need to cancel the booking straight away (share notice from your building chairman saying they were breaking into other apartments)  You need to go to the listing and make sure the guests leave once the booking is cancelled. Do not alter the booking tell Airbnb they need to cancel penalty free.

By the way it's so sad that your cleaner felt she couldn't alert you earlier to their behaviour. @Adita0 

Thank you so much Helen for the reply and the support. I appreciate it. Just want to clarify the guests didn't go to other apartments it was the rats that went caused by them keeping yam in the open balcony on the 4 th floor unattended while they were away.

sadly airbnb only wants guests to be happy and there is no safe guard in place for hosts where guests misbehave. I have shared screenshots of guest ( who booked ) but infact her mother and sister are staying not her. I have no communication with the members staying in my house as they don’t speak much english. She has time and again apologized profusely and for that reason alone i kept over looking thinking its a senior lady let me give it one more chance. Until i overheard her yelling at my maid i had no idea this was a regular feature.

i have shared all the proof and details to the customer support- their response is they can alter the booking and i loose my payout. So its not penalty free. Basically they get away with misconduct and bad behavior and the only loser is me. 

If this is the support after being a super host for a decade in my time of need i get a cold response from airbnb I suppose my only option is to deactivate my account- They didn’t even think it important to escalate this to a senior- 

If there is anyone out here who can help me mobilize this to a senior I would appreciate it greatly 

warm regards 

Fred13
Level 10
Placencia, Belize

Unlucky you to be hosting genuine ogres claiming to be normal. First order of the day is to get Airbnb to get them 'decertified' as guests, then have the local police force them out. Unfortunately I am sure the line is a long one considering Airbnb handles 820,000 reservations per day.

Good luck.

Thank you fred

Pat271
Level 10
Greenville, SC

@Adita0 

I believe you can have them removed for repeated rude behavior. Read through these Airbnb guest rules. There are a lot of them that discuss guest behavior.

https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/3328#section-heading-3-0

As far how to go about requiring them to leave, please call Airbnb to discuss your options and timing. They may want you to follow some process for requiring them leave, like having them talk to the guest, having you fill out incident documentation, etc.

Thank you Pat this link was helpful. Thank you for taking the time. Its my first time here in the community and it definitely is nice 🙂

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hey @Adita0 ,

Did you hear back from Support and reported this guest for their behaviour?

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

Hi Bhumika,

Infact i had also reported the guest via the app and the response was very slow. I speak to one agent explaining the whole thing and then their shift ends and another agents comes on board explaining the steps to alter a reservation! This has happened 4 times agent to agent and no real resolution-

once I explained the entire thing again to the 4th agent ** he said he will call me in an hour ! But just like all others who promised there was no call back. The guests are still in the apartment and I'm at my wits end! Its shocking how bad customer support has become since way back when i joined in 2012! Thankfully i haven’t needed it much but now that im in a urgent situation the response is slow and luke warm. Robotic answer that are read out from a manual. One person asked for proof that the guests yelled! Alas i have none but my word. And the fact i have no reason to be doing all this.

i have shared entire screenshots of conversations with guests where they have tine and again apologized and i have accepted to give it another chance. 

Thank you Bhumika for asking and taking the time.

warm regards 

**[Name hidden due to privacy concerns - Community Center Guidelines]

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Adita0 ,

Thanks for being so prompt and sharing further updates. And I am sorry to hear that you are still seeking assistance regarding this matter.

Please know that I am sharing this incident with the related teams as well if they can review your situation and get back to you soon!

Although I do not know how and when they would get back in touch with you (as we are not part of Airbnb Customer Support), I will do my best to share info if I receive any.

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

Greatly appreciate that Bhumika. It’s something that needs to be improved on so other hosts dont face this in the future