Help with Reservations

Rabie5
Level 1
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates

Help with Reservations

My name is Rabie, I have a wonderful villa in Marrakech. I listed it on Airbnb for almost 

6 months now. But I didn’t get a single booking. I am sure I had done something wrong. I need help

2 Replies 2
Pat271
Level 10
Greenville, SC

@Rabie5  Welcome to Airbnb! You have an absolutely gorgeous property!

The problem is… it’s too nice for what most people are looking for.

If you do a search on Marrakech-Sabi, 6+ bedrooms, 8+ beds, and filter for only Homes, Townhomes, and Apartments (i.e. not hotel), you will see the problem. The home closest to you in price is almost half the price of yours, and they don’t have any bookings either!

Is it possible for you to rent out your place by the room? Perhaps put a caretaker or yourself in one of the bedrooms to oversee the others? That might give guests a more affordable option. With Airbnb, you can configure the listings in such a way that a guest can either rent individual rooms, or the whole house.

Whenever you aren’t getting bookings, the best thing you can do is check out other properties in your area, and look at their price and availability. This will almost instantly uncover issues. If properties are booked more than yours, but are priced similarly, you can do what you are doing, and try to compare your amenities, ask for our help here, etc.

One minor thing that may or may not entice guests to book…a photo of yourself in the listing would be nice, rather than an impersonal logo. I have read that guests prefer involved private owners, rather than anonymous corporations. 

Sorry, I meant Marrakech-Safi!