Help with the review.

Sarah2196
Level 2
Fountain Valley, CA

Help with the review.

I have been trying to get someone to correct this review so it will not be taken down and he will retaliate. I wanted some help with that. I have many witnesses.
Here is what i should in my eyes and in other host eyes need to see. The truth.
I have never written a review like this in the two decades of renting. But I know we do not write reviews in fear of retaliation but I cannot let other hosts suffer like we did.
1. Drinking morning, noon, and night. Mixing Vodka, whiskey, wine and beer with prescription drugs.
2. Defecated, gross poop outside of the toilet and onto my rugs. Told me to clean it up and that it was my job.
3. Pounded on the guest door at 1 am to tell him to clean up his wine mess all over my new carpet, he would not do it and he threw him against the wall and broke all my picture frames and glass. He told me he is working on a 23 million dollar deal and I am sniveling over picture frames. In horrible curse words he called my tenant a house puppy to clean it up. He is very very large and intimidating.
4. Another night at midnight he texted a guest and told him to quit following him and insisted that there were cameras in the cam lights in the kitchen following him. Freaked out my long term tenant.
This is the same tenant that helped me with him when he would start cooking in the kitchen several times and could not finish claiming he could not stand. We finished cooking for him and served him in his room. Till I looked at my ring camera at 6 am in the morning and saw him carrying a huge case of beer with one hand and walking fine.
5. He convinced my tenant to take him to different hospitals to get more pain medication. We felt sorry for him at first. But come to find out he is suing a nursing home for evicting him. We did a lot of research because after we called 911 we knew he would be back for his car and we needed to see who this man was. He said on his profile he lives in Newport beach. We have the truth he is homeless and came from that nursing home. He told me he was the CEO of his own company for 32 years. We found out he made himself a ceo 2 months ago with him being the only employee.
5. New carpet red wine, spilled 3 times. Pillow top mattress for remote control bed now with urine and wine stains.
6. drawer knobs missing.
There was so much more. He claims he was the victim with the other airbnb host is why he did not get reviews from the many places he stayed.
I know I left myself open for retaliation. But I am guilty of not writing reviews myself but this was too horrific to not try to warn others. I have been on the phone with air bnb for many many times. Calling the emergency line.
5 Replies 5
Fred13
Level 10
Placencia, Belize

@Sarah2196  A huge mistake would be to try your case, like in some court of law or 'tribunal of fairness' in a public review in your listing.  It would spook future possible guests. This whole fiasco has out of control written all over it

What you are describing is a lunatic/hostage situation, and a case for social services  (besides a host) just trying to make a living. It is not your sphere of responsibility to find out what his problem is (a lot to pick from nowadays since everyone is a victim), but yours is to deal with your welfare and that of your other guests. The reality is that this crazy behavior shouldn't have gone further than the first day.

Good luck.

No help calling police nor air bnb emergency line. Lived in hell.  

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

The police won't help with civil/business matters @Sarah2196 

in your situation I would have insisted Airbnb cancelled the booking citing house rules he had broken and upset he was causing to other guests. 

getting him out is the priority then you can submit claims for damage you mention. 

It's been two weeks i've tried every day all day

Lorna170
Level 10
Swannanoa, NC

@Sarah2196  You are obviously dealing with a person in need of mental health assistance.

Do not invite more trouble.  Your review will be read by other guests and hosts, so be brief.

"So-and-so was not a good fit as a guest and would be better suited to being housed in an accommodation that is not an AirBnB."