Hidden Review

Joy1388
Level 2
England, United Kingdom

Hidden Review

I left a review for my host in Cartagena and he left one for me which I can see. I cannot see my review so I contacted Airbnb who confirmed that my review is hidden. They cannot tell me why but have said they will escalate.

Has anyone had a similar experience? 

5 Replies 5
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Joy1388 was your review positive? I wonder if the host is disputing it in some way.

@Mike-And-Jane0 it was both positive and some negative points similar to another review I can see. Airbnb support online claims that they do not hide any reviews providing that both parties have given their reviews. They did not respond when I asked why airbnb would hide a review. 

Thanks

Hey @Mike-And-Jane0

I got a response from Airbnb which is evident that they hide reviews. They don't take honest feedback very well. 

**[Private conversation removed in line with the Community Center Guidelines]

@Joy1388 The text from Customer support will be removed so you would need to paraphrase it as

' they looked at the info you supplied and maintain that the appeal to reinstate your review has been denied. As such the review remains removed'.

I guess your review must have breached the guidelines somehow. There will, of course, always be a suspicion of censorship especially if the review is for a mega host with many properties.

Thanks @Mike-And-Jane0 for taking the time. Yes but it's just shocking that they would do hide reviews especially when other customers will fall into the same trap we did. 

Maybe by saying the property was not as advertised including photos and I didn't think it was worth what was charged breached the guidelines.

I have asked several times why it's hidden but they have not responded. Be nice to know so I don't give honest feedback in future.

Thanks again,

Joy