Home lives on property

Duncan180
Level 2
Chestertown, MD

Home lives on property

We check in tomorrow and just found out the homeowner lives on the property.  Our search criteria were whole home and the listing showed amenities which include the pier.  The pier is actually now shared.  Wtf

6 Replies 6
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Duncan180 Our 3 listings are all 'whole homes'. The fact they are all in a building attached to our house is irrelevant. Without seeing the listing it is hard to judge but certainly the whole home bit is fine. Technically the pier should have been shown as a shared amenity (and it may well have been but we can't see it).

thanks.  
I’ll post after our stay. 

Kia272
Level 10
Takoma Park, MD

@Duncan180 It sounds like you booked a whole home and perhaps didn't read the details carefully.

"WTF"???

It's March. How exactly is the pier being a shared amenity going to ruin your stay? 

given accurate info I would have chosen another place.  
I logged out of Airbnb and found the place again and still could not locate any mention of the fact that we would be sharing the small property with the owners which includes the pier. 

I fish and plan to use the pier.  And we are headed south so the weather should be much warmer. 

I may say more after our stay. 

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Hi @Duncan180 

As a host I would definitely disclose if I lived next door/in the same building as a rental I let out up front on my listing.

do none of the guest reviews mention it ?

are you sure it's not anywhere in the listing ie under 'things to note' under the host profile? 

How did you find out the host lives on the premises ?

just let the host know there is no mention of the pier being shared and you plan to fish from there .

Hey Helen, Thanks for the considerate response. 

I have gone back through the listing and was not able to find a direct mention. Even when you know what to look for its less than obvious and I expect clear, transparent and obvious. 

It doesn't seem like there is a way to private message on this message system and I am not sure how public or private it is. (I'd prefer not to openly discuss while sharing the property with our host)