Hosts not being paid by Airbnb

Answered!
Caoimhe9
Level 2
Downings, Ireland

Hosts not being paid by Airbnb

I can’t get over how they’re refusing to deal with the non payment of hosts fiasco. I have been dealing with their nonsense since September and especially since April 9th when they lied to me repeatedly about why I didn’t get my payout. They continued to let me take bookings despite knowing they weren’t going to pay me. I have spoken to countless ambassadors’ none who have done a single thing except assure’ me that my case is being investigated. Then they close the thread and  I have to start all over again with another ambassador who does nothing. What’s the problem?? Has anyone got a solution? I have had to unlist because I can’t take bookings when I’m not getting paid. And this is my busiest time. Meanwhile I still have upcoming bookings. They suggested I update my ID but only option is to remove and if you do that they immediately cancel all upcoming bookings which is another major headache and  a risk to my super host status. They have completely sold out and are clearly only interested in their own bottom line and couldn’t care less about the people who made them their billions. Any solutions? 

1 Best Answer
Caoimhe9
Level 2
Downings, Ireland

Update - I finally got paid!!! No explanation whatsoever and terrible lack of support/communication from management. I didn’t do anything other than keep hounding them so I’m still not sure why my payments were paused all this time. But for now it’s sorted. Thanks to all who helped in any way especially those frontline support staff who try so hard to help but whose hands are tied by ridiculous management and policies. 

View Best Answer in original post

21 Replies 21
Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Caoimhe9 ,

I am dearly sorry to hear of the situation you are facing and totally understand how frustrating it would be. 

It seems from your post that Customer Support is in touch with you and is still reviewing your case and that they would get in touch with more detail. I will be sharing your concerns with them as well,  if they can provide further updates and reach out to you.

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

Customer lack of support is doing absolutely nothing. I have 9 unanswered/ignored messages to them. This is sn absolute disgrace. Are these ambassadors even employees at all? How can they get away with this? It isn’t a mistake. They are deliberately ignoring it. And in all these threads and threads in other forums no solutions are offered. None. 

I am experiencing the same problem. I have had two stays at my house and have not been

Paid. I’s two weeks ago and I have  talked to customer service every single day. Which has not been

helpful at all. No explanation, no follow up. It is so frustrating- I have had expenses for extra cleaning and house keeping. It’s literally theft. 

Experiencing the same problem at this point I am minutes away from a mental breakdown 

Hi Kristin,

Did you solve your payout problem with Airbnb?

Are you getting paid regularly now?

Because I am in exactly the same situation as you were.

Regards Victoria

no payout from Airbnb here either , horrible customer support 

Is Airbnb a scam?

Anybody out there?

Hi Yonette

I am here.

Did you get your Airbnb payout?

They are also holding my money. 

Regards Victoria.

Nothing but excuses .... we are working on it ... working on what? 

we provided a service Airbnb got paid from the guest and we the Hosts get s..

@Yonette1 

Sorry to hear about your issue. This is a community of guests and hosts who help each other out. When you respond to someone, it is best to tag them with an @ Their name so they know you responded to their message. 

@Bhumika @Paula @Rebecca (our community host managers and forum moderators) can you assist Yonette by directing her to the right team?  They are not support directly but can flag your message to the right team to address. 

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Lorina14 Thank you for tagging us!

Hi @Yonette1 , I understand how important it is for you, since its related to payments especially. Please be assured that I have made note of it and passed it over for the appropriate team. Hope it gets resolved for you soon!

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

Hi @Bhumika @Paula @Rebecca ,

I AM ALSO ON THE VERGE OF A NERVOUS BREAKDOWN as @Jimmy461 mentioned earlier. I have NOT received a total of 6 payouts over the last months (this amount totals $8,731.45). I have called AirBnb Support no less than 20 times over the last month and I get the same response every time,  "We're sorry this is happening and we will escalate it to the payment team", "The payment team will be reaching out to you within an hour". THIS HAPPENS OVER, AND OVER, AND OVER, AND OVER, AND OVER, AND NO ONE CALLS ME BACK AND NOTHING IS DONE ON AirBnb's END. I was even told my one CS member that two payouts would be sent the day he spoke with me and they WERE NOT SENT AND HE DID NOT FOLLOW UP

See below for the breakdown of the payouts illegally on "hold":

HMKPWM8NRK : $992.31

HMFZXYJS5T      : $2,031.18

HM82JAF54P      : $702.76

HMHKD3ESWY   : $1,154.30

HMHTY32SQS     : $1,139.75

HMQTSEZAWH   : $2,711.15

TOTAL                     :  $8,731.45

My business cannot handle floating this kind of cash to AirBnb (not to mention how corrupt and illegal this is). Please note that I have received multiple other payouts since the first two payments in the list above were not paid (so I know there is nothing wrong with my payout method or my identity verification as some CS members have suggested).  I recommend you get somebody on this right away because I have already posted this problem to my social media and my local news media has reached out about doing a story on this. I am amount 5 seconds from blowing this story up and sending yall my notice of arbitration. 

Yours truly,

Joe

Guest favorite

SuperHost

Top 1% of listings

@Caoimhe9 @Yonette1 @Lorina14 @Rizalyn-Gonzaga0 

@Joe3719,

I’m sorry to hear about this - has any of the community host managers responded to you? @Paula @Bhumika @Rebecca @Quincy can anyone help out Joe please?

I think someone else got attention when they posted on social media mentioning the Airbnb head of hosting and she actually responded.

I truly hope you get support. If I were you, I would consider consulting a lawyer to see what your rights are in this case and perhaps they can get a better response from Airbnb. It is disappointing being you are a Superhost and Guest favorite too. Sometimes I wonder if this title has any weight to it hearing about stories such as yours.

@Lorina14  thank you for your empathy. Unfortunately they still have done nothing. I will be pursuing arbitration shortly if this is not resolved. BUT FIRST…my local news just interviewed me tonight regarding this topic. They will be airing the segment either tomorrow or Saturday. Apparently I am not allowed to share a link here but it will be airing by the biggest local network in Bryan, Texas (KBTX) if that gives you any idea and want to look it up