How can I get mow bookings

Answered!
Jaclyn88
Level 2
Bradenton, FL

How can I get mow bookings

Hello, I’m recently new and i started out with booking 3 great guests with great reviews. Them seems like the bottom feel out.  I did have a guest reschedule from September to October however, I have been in the dead zone. I’ve checked on the prices around my area and I am within the range. I’m not sure what’s going on. I re posted the pictures.  I don’t know how much lower I can go on my price and to be honest my electric bill has literally doubled since I opened.  I live in Florida and it’s getting more expensive than ever before to live here anyway.  My place is attached to my home with its own private space and entrance. Apartment type space. I have control over the AC and it’s setting is very comfortable at 74   No one has said anything about the temperature. So,  I’m just trying to figure out what the issue would be of it being empty so often. As I was building it I was told by several people that it was going to be a great fun little time for me and it’s just sitting her empty. I’m very discouraged. Is they anything different I should know from the pros out there please. I appreciate your input for this new girl trying to get this fun place in place. Thank you. 

1 Best Answer
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

When you set up an STR business it's always worth looking at supply and demand for your location for your type of listing to get an understanding of how busy you are likely to be @Jaclyn88 

you also need to have an understanding of seasonal variations.

It's not necessarily about pricing but about demand.

as a new host you get an artificial boost in the rankings so you do get more bookings in the first month or so 

you can get more bookings by listing on relevant STR booking platforms  and setting up your own direct booking channels.

yes Airbnb can be fun but at the end of the day you are running a business so need to operate it as one

best of luck 

View Best Answer in original post

2 Replies 2
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

When you set up an STR business it's always worth looking at supply and demand for your location for your type of listing to get an understanding of how busy you are likely to be @Jaclyn88 

you also need to have an understanding of seasonal variations.

It's not necessarily about pricing but about demand.

as a new host you get an artificial boost in the rankings so you do get more bookings in the first month or so 

you can get more bookings by listing on relevant STR booking platforms  and setting up your own direct booking channels.

yes Airbnb can be fun but at the end of the day you are running a business so need to operate it as one

best of luck 

Hello Helen,  I appreciate you and your support and knowledge!  I will take your advice and move forward with this process and certainly be more proactive with my business.  Thank you so much for your time and consideration!!